New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Of kors, walang bibili sa previous gen RAV4 AWD. Can you imagine paying 2.1M for it back then? The Forester XT, Escape Ecoboost AWD, CX5 AWD, and Xtrail AWD were all priced around 1.7M to 1.8M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Which model of the Subaru Forester did you have? The Forester SJ initially had a stiffer ride up to 2014, they "softened" the suspension starting 2015. The new Toyota RAV4 will have similar maintenance cost as a current gen Honda CR-V or Subaru Forester.

If you want a comfortable ride, there's the Honda CR-V 2.0 gasoline engine.
    Had a 2013 Fozzie, let it go after a year. Yes, I heard they made the suspensions better since then. I'm actually considering the current model they just came out with, I've been reading that their Eyesight safety features are quite good.

I can't consider the current CRV, it's width won't fit comfortably in our garage with 4 other vehicles.

'Was seriously considering this year's Ravie, if they didn't scrimp on the features and retain the gas-guzzling 2.5L powerplant.

It's bad enough they removed so many of the niceties in the mid-trim model, (4.2" screen, cloth seats, vinyl steering wheel, etc.) Now they are asking for almost P2.2M for the TOTL with no 4x4 or AWD? Sadly, no thanks.

It's either going to be a Forester, Sportage or maybe an X-Trail this year. Bahala na si Batman. LoL.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Very disappointed with TopGearPH on how they are trying to make sense of the top-spec RAV4.

"the RAV4 still looks well-equipped to take on its competition."

Maybe for something like 1.6M but not almost 2.2M. They should have compared it against the CRV 2.0L gas model 4x2 instead.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...ef=home_feed_1

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Very disappointed with TopGearPH on how they are trying to make sense of the top-spec RAV4.

Maybe for something like 1.6M but not almost 2.2M. They should have compared it against the CRV 2.0L gas model 4x2 instead.

Toyota naman... #4dabrave

[emoji23]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Of kors, walang bibili sa previous gen RAV4 AWD. Can you imagine paying 2.1M for it back then? The Forester XT, Escape Ecoboost AWD, CX5 AWD, and Xtrail AWD were all priced around 1.7M to 1.8M.

....BUT....It's a Toyota!!!![emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Nothing new. Ganyan lagi topgear e haha

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    2.2M for the size of the Vitara, yes i saw this sa BGC last Saturday sa harap ng Jamba Juice, where sometimes I hang out

taka talaga kung ano iniinom ng dept in charge sa mga car suvs gasolines at feeling nila eh makakarami pa sila ng benta sa ganyan presyo

btw, I checkout the PRado, grabe anubayun parang sinlaki lang ng MUX sa loob ang feel, and that's 3.9M+, with that dated dashboard?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    made in japan cars "demand a premium price".
    i think it has something to do with tax issues.
    made in japan versus made in asean-outside-japan.
    also, some users claim their made in japan cars experience fewer glitches.
    daw.

is this rav 4 made in japan?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    kunsabagay yun Pajero namin sa family Japan CBU talaga mukang solid talaga build quality pero ayaw ko i-drive kasi ambigat siguro ganto din driving ng Prado

nun nasa Kyoto Japan aka palibhasa rural town, most Japanese there are either driving the Pajero or the Prado.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    TopGearPH has unofficially became ToyotaPH's marketing arm for the new RAV4. I guess TGPH has drank too much Toyota Kool-Aid lately.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/launch-pa...ef=home_feed_1

‘It’s easy to imagine drivers getting carried away with this thing’

"But the RAV4 is car that you set your mind on buying. It fulfills a desire more than it fulfills a need. And this is Toyota we’re talking about. If any badge can sell a car—regardless of drivetrain—it’s this one. Let’s see how this pans out."