New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I would like to start this thread by giving our suggestions to improve traffic in our daily route and based from our experiences. To start with:

1. U-turn slot along Katipunan Road infront of Ateneo. The MMDA put this u-turn slot infront of Ateneo Gate 3 exit, thus making this a funnel along Katipunan by reducing the 4lanes Katipunan to 2 lanes going forward, and 1 lane u-turn. The tail-end of this traffic reaches the flyover and you will notice that after this area, traffic flows faster. The other problem is the southbound of Katipunan fronting this area where Bo's Coffee is located. Again, this caused a funnel problem where the 4 lanes is reduce to 3 lanes (but becomes to 2 lanes with the parked cars along Katipunan, thus eating 1 lane).

If only MMDA will move the U-turn slot further and not infront of the exit ate and Bo's Coffee. If they cant move it, another solution would be removing the posts/lane separators used upon exiting the ateneo gate, thus freeing up one lane for northbound cars. These posts are there to prevent exiting cars to make a sudden u-turn.

2. Ground level, EDSA-Quezon Ave intersection going to Manila - Vehicles turning right to EDSA are bottled up in this area by those going to Manila and those southbound since the pedestrian island constructed by MMDA is too big that it eats up part of the road.

Also, the turn slot opened under the flyover should be moved a few posts nearer the intersection to ease up the bottleneck of vehicles turning turning right to EDSA with those making a u-turn going to manila/makati.

3. Quezon Ave - Araneta Ave intersection - MMDA should allow left turn for the vehicles along araneta going to Cubao. This will ease the traffic along araneta on this portion since the volume of vehicles on the opposite side is about 50% less. Right now, the vehicles bound for Quezon Ave are made to cross QA and make a U-turn about 1 km from the intersection. This was on the premise of making the traffic flow smoother. But by allowing the left turn along araneta to QA, the vehicles will save a lot of gas and at the same time, the traffic from the opposite side will not be restricted due to lower volume.

CALLING MMDA Officials, I hope that you are open to the recommendations of TSIKOTERS here..

Any Tsikoters that agree with my suggestions, feel free to share your views.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Here are my suggestions:
    • Remove dilapidated buses/jeeps and other PUVs
    • Cancel the Driver's License of erring drivers, and driver's who does not know the word courtesy and following simple traffic rules and regulations (with emphasis to PUV drivers)
    • fix the roads

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Public vehicles can only stop at designated stop areas as not to disturb the flow of traffic by stopping in the middle of the road at the request of a passenger....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Public vehicles can only stop at designated stop areas as not to disturb the flow of traffic by stopping in the middle of the road at the request of a passenger....
    +1 on that. In UP the jeeps will only load/unload in designated areas and the system just works.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if only the puv drivers are disciplined enough to follow traffic rules and regulations..

i also agree to the suggestion of reducing the numberof buses and jeepneys on over-crowded routes..

attention MMDA and LTFRB Officials.. I hope you start having the Political Will to do these things..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I suggest that Tsikot should start a campaign for improving traffic in Metro Manila, and have MMDA directly involved with it. :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I believe a huge majority of motorists in the Philippines don't know how to drive responsibly, much less informed and aware of the numerous basic traffic rules that they should be adhering to. I suggest a re-take in written and practical exam for all drivers and especially stricter impositions on new applicants in acquiring a driver's license is first and foremost. Minus the red tape, lagayan system sa LTO. It will yield competent, disciplined and courteous drivers. Imposing heavier penalties for traffic violators w/o exceptions. Forceful implementation of our existing traffic rules. PUV's must load and unload on designated stops (if provided) with traffic enforcers manning every single one of them to regulate passenger transfers.
    Roads in general must be free from obstructions like garbage, illegally parked vehicles, pedestrians stepping down from the median while waiting for a ride, especially on foot bridges and intersections that cause bottlenecks. Though it may not eliminate traffic jam on rush hour traffic... at least it would be less stressful for motorists and pedestrians and make our streets more orderly.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Three things:

1. Discipline
    2. Enforcement
    3. Social courtesy

Once you get those three in line with each other, any infrastructure you modify, add, reduce, or impose on drivers will find their own place. Unfortunately, discipline and enforcement are the two key problems that are deeply rooted in our society not just in vehicular traffic but in other areas as well. Social courtesy basically becomes an annoyance once it's abused at the expense of others, and most often leads to lack of discipline (or vice versa), which the lack of enforcement cannot mend.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Separate road for PUVs; may barrier dapat at train system para kontrolado ang dami ng lumalabas. May designated stop areas din dapat, kung tamad maglakad kumuha ng taxi.

Separate road for 2 wheelers; may barrier din dapat para hindi pagewang gewang magmaneho, dirediretso lang at ng madisiplina karamihan sa mga ito. Paano ba naman hindi darami sutil eh less than 3k may motor ka na, plus padulas lang sa *** may restriction narin.

Diredirediredirediredirediredirediredirettttttssss sssooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg daloy ng traffic! Tanggalin mga establishments sa tabi ng major roads na malakas makatraffic dahil atras abante mga sasakyan sa parking, etc.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Three things:

1. Discipline
    2. Enforcement
    3. Social courtesy

Once you get those three in line with each other, any infrastructure you modify, add, reduce, or impose on drivers will find their own place. Unfortunately, discipline and enforcement are the two key problems that are deeply rooted in our society not just in vehicular traffic but in other areas as well. Social courtesy basically becomes an annoyance once it's abused at the expense of others, and most often leads to lack of discipline (or vice versa), which the lack of enforcement cannot mend.

Agree here bro, pero ayusin ko lang based on my personal opinion and assessment of the Philippine situation.

1. Impartial, Proper and Consistent Enforcement
    2. Discipline
    3. Social Courtesy

My view here is that if our existing traffic rules and regulations are impartially, properly and consistently enforced, such actions will instill discipline amongst our motorists. These in turn will spin off to an environment of social courtesy... Fear is primal, so enforcement is the key. The rest will follow after it.

5505:home:

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Suggestions to Improve Traffic