New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Parang tax collection lang. Alisin nyo corruption sa government and we probably don't need TRAIN

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    the authorities admit it naman.
    the roots are simply too deep, for overnight solutions.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    From the article:
    “Traversing EDSA recently from Magallanes to Cubao, I have seen the development of at least 15 big condo projects and some malls. No one of those would be legal in Spain, Italy, or France, where public ordinances mandate that no big project can be developed in an area that is already congested with traffic. A study on the impact (in terms of traffic) of the construction in the area would be mandatory, and no one I guess would pass it.

The total freedom of developers to build whatever they want whenever they want is just one of the reasons. But it is easy to point out a few more. For instance, nobody could imagine Tokyo, Seoul, Paris, or New York being managed by 17 mayors, but this is the case in Metro Manila, resulting in a total lack of coordination in public ordinances and having different rules (like car bans or “walang pasok” statements) that leave citizens disoriented. Big cities in the world assimilated naturally surrounding cities while growing. It did not happen in the Philippines, where even new cities have been created, like Navotas in 2007. The efforts of MMDA and LFRTB are severely made difficult by this administrative mess”

http://www.rappler.com//views/imho/1...urban-planning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    From the article:
    “Traversing EDSA recently from Magallanes to Cubao, I have seen the development of at least 15 big condo projects and some malls. No one of those would be legal in Spain, Italy, or France, where public ordinances mandate that no big project can be developed in an area that is already congested with traffic. A study on the impact (in terms of traffic) of the construction in the area would be mandatory, and no one I guess would pass it.

The total freedom of developers to build whatever they want whenever they want is just one of the reasons. But it is easy to point out a few more. For instance, nobody could imagine Tokyo, Seoul, Paris, or New York being managed by 17 mayors, but this is the case in Metro Manila, resulting in a total lack of coordination in public ordinances and having different rules (like car bans or “walang pasok” statements) that leave citizens disoriented. Big cities in the world assimilated naturally surrounding cities while growing. It did not happen in the Philippines, where even new cities have been created, like Navotas in 2007. The efforts of MMDA and LFRTB are severely made difficult by this administrative mess”

Who ‘killed’ Metro Manila?

yes, we do not seem to have a far-reaching urban plan.
    what we seem to have, is a mushroom plan.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 10th, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yes, we do not seem to have a far-reaching urban plan.
    what we seem to have, is a mushroom plan.
    Much like the common practice of building house extensions whenever the need for more space arises. Urban growth seem to have been dictated more by reaction to necessities instead of following a master plan.

It is possible for example to circumvent zoning regulations if you have the connections and/or the cash.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post

It is possible for example to circumvent zoning regulations if you have the connections and/or the cash.

You can even say that it's possible to circumvent anything if you have the connections and cash.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Clark Green City or rather new clark city

hopeless na metro manila

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Halina kayo dito! Haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Halina kayo dito! Haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    marami bang puedeng pagtamnan ng kabute diyan?
    accessorias galore?
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my view has always been,
    enforce existing rules first, before making new rules.
    before limiting the use of cars, first clean the roads of illegally parked cars and illegal structures and... stagnant roadworks!
    for who knows, it might just be what is needed, to improve the traffic situation.
    In addition, hangga't madali kumuha or magkaron ng driver's license dito sa Pinas, malabong maimprove ang traffic situation because of kamote drivers. Unless gayahin ng gov't natin yung style sa ibang bansa. Like, compulsory insurance sa lahat ng vehicles, tas tataas ang insurance pagmay violation ang owner/driver, demerit sa driver's license pagnagviolate sa traffic rules until such time na wala na sya points or suspended or revoke na DL nya. Ewan ko lang kung di tayo tumino sa kalye. Yun nga lang, need ng matitinong traffic enforcers and strict implementation.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reduce the number of PUJs. Mawawala traffic.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Suggestions to Improve Traffic