New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 103 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2379
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Total EDSA Mandaluyong (near Boni), 5 pesos off from 10pm-5am. Midnight Madness ika nila.

34 nalang ata gasolina dun ngayon. 😂

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    ang hirap lang pumasok sa station nila cause of the edsa barriers. baka ma-cctv ka pa ng mmda hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    ang hirap lang pumasok sa station nila cause of the edsa barriers. baka ma-cctv ka pa ng mmda hehe
    Pwede pumasok dun sa entrance ng Shell/Petron then exit after Boni MRT station.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    yung bagong bukas na Phoenix Petroleum sa Shaw Blvd. (between Mandaue Foam and Goldilocks), 36.95 ang unleaded 91RON nila. not sure if they will slash prices since bagong bukas pa siya.
    last time I checked this evening, 36.15 na lang siya. (Super 91 Gasoline siya). may 2 variants pa ang gasoline ng Phoenix (Super 95 and Premium 98)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Total EDSA Mandaluyong (near Boni), 5 pesos off from 10pm-5am. Midnight Madness ika nila.

34 nalang ata gasolina dun ngayon. 😂

Ayos to ah.

Clean fuel p.gil last week 36.45 ung 95 Ron.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm quite curious why people go crazy over stations that are P1.00-2.00 lower than others, to the point that they're willing to patronize generics.

Yes, these generics sometimes source their products from distributors of Shell/Petron/etc. But even with similar products (similar, not identical, because they usually don't have additives), there is a big difference in the way these independents operate their stations.

They don't check water in their underground tanks regularly, they don't have preventive maintenance and regular calibration of their pumps (and the DOE often only checks branded stations so their uncalibrated pumps are not penalized), and they get from different wholesalers so you're never really sure of their products' quality. Oh, and their pump attendants usually aren't trained well so the likelihood of a misfill (gas-fed car filled with diesel and vice versa) is higher.

If you travel 1,000 km a month and your car does 8 km/L, you save a whopping 125-250 pesos by penny pinching with these generics. But the stress and hassle of a car that breaks down because of contaminated fuel far outweighs those savings, not to mention that those savings are completely washed out once you have to spend for new parts.

It's more sensible to patronized low-priced branded stations. Multinationals (Shell, Caltex, Total) and Petron have the highest operating standards, but even smaller local brands like Unioil and Seaoil still operate better than generics like Uno Fuel.

It also helps to know where the price-war areas are, as all the stations in these trade areas are priced lower than those in other areas. Classic examples in Metro Manila are Fairview and Alabang/Zapote - these areas have had low pricing for several years now compared to other areas.

In comparison, some areas that were previously engaged in price wars have recovered. 5-10 years ago, prices along Shaw Blvd. were exceptionally low. Eventually each brand decided to raise prices little by little, and today Shaw is slightly above the Metro Manila average.

Anyway, I digress. Bottomline - there are some areas that are cheaper than others, that even branded sites in these areas have cheap fuel (with the same quality as those stations in higher-priced trade areas).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    last time I checked this evening, 36.15 na lang siya. (Super 91 Gasoline siya). may 2 variants pa ang gasoline ng Phoenix (Super 95 and Premium 98)
    Mahal pa rin iyan.

Dito sa LPC,- sa may Naga Rd,- P35.40 per liter ang unleaded ng Shell,- approx the same price on the same variant of Petron.

Diesel - P26.25 per liter.

If you still want cheaper fuel,- then drive a few meters away to Phoenix.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Mahal pa rin iyan.

Dito sa LPC,- sa may Naga Rd,- P35.40 per liter ang unleaded ng Shell,- approx the same price on the same variant of Petron.

That's right bro. At kapag may SM Advantage Card ka, less P1 pa.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm quite curious why people go crazy over stations that are P1.00-2.00 lower than others, to the point that they're willing to patronize generics.

Yes, these generics sometimes source their products from distributors of Shell/Petron/etc. But even with similar products (similar, not identical, because they usually don't have additives), there is a big difference in the way these independents operate their stations.

They don't check water in their underground tanks regularly, they don't have preventive maintenance and regular calibration of their pumps (and the DOE often only checks branded stations so their uncalibrated pumps are not penalized), and they get from different wholesalers so you're never really sure of their products' quality. Oh, and their pump attendants usually aren't trained well so the likelihood of a misfill (gas-fed car filled with diesel and vice versa) is higher.

If you travel 1,000 km a month and your car does 8 km/L, you save a whopping 125-250 pesos by penny pinching with these generics. But the stress and hassle of a car that breaks down because of contaminated fuel far outweighs those savings, not to mention that those savings are completely washed out once you have to spend for new parts.

It's more sensible to patronized low-priced branded stations. Multinationals (Shell, Caltex, Total) and Petron have the highest operating standards, but even smaller local brands like Unioil and Seaoil still operate better than generics like Uno Fuel.

It also helps to know where the price-war areas are, as all the stations in these trade areas are priced lower than those in other areas. Classic examples in Metro Manila are Fairview and Alabang/Zapote - these areas have had low pricing for several years now compared to other areas.

In comparison, some areas that were previously engaged in price wars have recovered. 5-10 years ago, prices along Shaw Blvd. were exceptionally low. Eventually each brand decided to raise prices little by little, and today Shaw is slightly above the Metro Manila average.

Anyway, I digress. Bottomline - there are some areas that are cheaper than others, that even branded sites in these areas have cheap fuel (with the same quality as those stations in higher-priced trade areas).

sir Jut, i sometimes see stations of big 4 that are not so well maintained, in the sense that the pumps look dirty, not so well lit, etc. is it safe to assume that the station still practices good standards? or better look for another station?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    sir Jut, i sometimes see stations of big 4 that are not so well maintained, in the sense that the pumps look dirty, not so well lit, etc. is it safe to assume that the station still practices good standards? or better look for another station?
    Most stations in Manila have good standards already. Yung iba nga lang, mukha talagang luma kasi hindi pa narerenovate - usually because the leases haven't been renewed or capex budget isn't available yet. But it doesn't mean na pag luma itsura, panget standards.

I understand that a tired-looking station will give off an impression of poor standards, which is why I always push for our old stations to be renovated.

Basta just try to avoid stations na bahain and yung mga mukhang madungis yung mga tao. ☺

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Mahal pa rin iyan.

Cheaper nga ba talaga sa Naga Rd. compared to those along Alabang-Zapote road? And by how much? As far as I can tell same ang prices along the main road from Zapote hanggang Southland. Kung may difference man mga diyes sentimos siguro.

Tapatalked

Gas stations with cheaper fuel prices [continued]