The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    [SIZE=2]The Philippine Star - Metro
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cops arrest Parañaque City drag racers
    By Cecille Suerte Felipe

The Philippine National Police Traffic Management Group (TMG) arrested the other night 21 drivers and impounded their motorcycles that were involved in illegal drag racing at the Diosdado Macapagal Blvd., in Parañaque City.

TMG director Chief Superintendent Perfecto Palad said the police operatives issued traffic violation tickets to the motorcycle owners while their vehicles were brought to the TMG headquarters at Camp Crame in Quezon City. Policemen were deployed to the area following reports that motorcycle and car drivers are using the Macapagal Blvd. for drag racing at night when the road is almost deserted.

Senior Superintendent Arnold Gunnacao, chief of the TMG-National Capital Region (NCR) said the drag racers were charged with over-speeding while the motorcycles were seized for various violations that included the unauthorized change of color, fake registration and fake vehicle plates.

Gunnacao said the vehicles have been subjected to macro-etching examination to determine whether the engine and body numbers were included in the list of stolen vehicles.

He said that the TMG operation was meant to stop illegal drag racing, which sometimes results in the loss of lives and damage to property due to the absence of safety measures.

The TMG had also received reports of illegal drag races in Subic, Zambales and Batangas.

Meanwhile, Gunnacao’s agents also recovered four stolen vehicles in Sitio Gumain, Barangay Lourdes, Bamban, Tarlac.

Among those recovered were a dark-green colored Honda Civic (WJF-887); green Mitsubishi Estrada pick up (CNV-138); white Nissan Urvan (ZGA-927); and a black Honda Civic (UGL-163).

Police gathered that the Nissan Urvan was stolen while parked in Bago Bantay in Quezon City last Oct. 10, while the Honda Civic was taken while parked in Barangay Bahay Toro, Project 8, also in Quezon City.

Police said the Honda Civic has no records with the Land Transportation Office (LTO).

[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    [SIZE=2]
    Senior Superintendent Arnold Gunnacao, chief of the TMG-National Capital Region (NCR) said the drag racers were charged with over-speeding
    [/SIZE]
    Is there actually a speed limit on that stretch of road?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    i pass there everyday. actually i have not seen any speed limit signs along the way, but based on experience, running 80 kph here is already fast, considering, hindi pantay pantay yung roads.

but i once went 100 kph here while driving at 4 am, going to makati. medyo kakatakot.

tsaka, paranaque ba ito? i thought this is within the vicinity of pasay city?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i pass there everyday. actually i have not seen any speed limit signs along the way, but based on experience, running 80 kph here is already fast, considering, hindi pantay pantay yung roads.

but i once went 100 kph here while driving at 4 am, going to makati. medyo kakatakot.
    I have reached over 170 kph in my project car and over 150 kph in my daily driven LPG fueled Corolla on that stretch of road.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I have reached over 170 kph in my project car and over 150 kph in my daily driven LPG fueled Corolla on that stretch of road.

That's really fast bro.... My usual speed in this stretch is about 80-100KPH.

The bikes usually assemble at Shell Macapagal and they race around midnight, southbound (going to Las Pinas/Cavite). They have been doing this for a long time already and they definitely are street hazards.....

4202:banned:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yay TMG! :clap1:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    [SIZE=2]The Philippine Star - Metro
    Mitsubishi Estrada pick up (CNV-138);
    [/SIZE]
    meron palang Estrada na pickup

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    meron palang Estrada na pickup
    Haha you got me there! :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nice! dapat tlga hulihin ang mga ito

One time passing by the D. Macapagal road, there were a bunch of "drag -looking" cars trying to persuade me into going ala "fast and furious" with them but d ko din pinansin....i was driving the Civic FD then...and hell it was raining!

I think d ito isolated incident na mga naghahamon pag dala mo un Civic FD...me mga posts din ito sa TEAM FD forums....

Kaya dapat lng hulihin ang mga iyan nakakapahamak sila ng ibang tao

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    There's a national blanket speed limit of 80kmh on all highways (except for the expressways, where you can go 100kmh), according to the LTO website.

For smaller roads the speed limit is 50kmh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast