New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    its about time but afaik we don't have laws that really deal with illegal races right?
    That would be the traffic code, and in case there's betting involved illegal gambling. What other laws do we need?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    None, really.

But it would be nice to have specific laws regarding this, and specific guidelines for enforcement.

It was kind of scary, at one time (I think it was at the height of the Eastwood scene), cops would just shut down an area and round up all of the people inside that area that either seemed to be racing, seemed to be watching the races or had a "dragster". Was a very scary time for me, as I had a modified car and I actually went to some of those places in question for a midnight snack with my wife, from time to time.

It would suck to get caught on a nebulous charge of "street racing", even if you weren't doing anything at the time, or to get harrassed by the cops for that.

There was also one time that we were at a gas station that was raided by the police... catching underage drinkers and reprimanding the gas station for allowing people to drink alcohol on their premises (which, actually, is really illegal... beats me why gas stations actually served alcohol back then... wait, some still do).

Good thing all I ever have is a Coke Light and a bag of chips...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    WOW!.. I thought that theres no "Speed Limit" in the Philippines?? also, "Underage Drinking"?? kailan pa nangyari yan??

man... I think Ive been away from home for a loooong time.

anywayz, I really hope that theres a sanctioned (and legit) Drag strip in the Philippines, specially around Metro Manila. I mean look, theres probably alot of rich investors, businesses, or corporations who would probably chip in and sponsor a well sanctioned Drag strip (1/4 mile or 1/8 mile... but the 1320 will be much better though). like man, they can built Skyscrapers left and right.. but not a race track??

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    WOW!.. I thought that theres no "Speed Limit" in the Philippines?? .... kailan pa nangyari yan??
    that was passed during the 1960s...

man... I think Ive been away from home for a loooong time.
    that would be a very long time, indeed. LOL!

anywayz, I really hope that theres a sanctioned (and legit) Drag strip in the Philippines, specially around Metro Manila. I mean look, theres probably alot of rich investors, businesses, or corporations who would probably chip in and sponsor a well sanctioned Drag strip (1/4 mile or 1/8 mile... but the 1320 will be much better though). like man, they can built Skyscrapers left and right.. but not a race track??
    There are drag racing events but it still doesn't have a regular venue nor a regular schedule. Land in metro manila is expensive. Developers prefer to build office and condo buildings. More profits in those kinds of developments.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I see.. well I knew about those Drag races there (like some on closed down public roads) but aint that kinda dangerous still?? since ive been watching some videos in Youtube and when I look at it, mukhang nakakatakot! specially if your car is in the 12-10 sec. range.

anywayz, back to the topic. well I used to live in Paranaque too and back then there wasnt any street races.. maybe I was still young at the time (10-13 yrs. old) pero astig ang pormahan ng mga kotse doon sa BF.. I remembered Mark Anthony's pink Civic hatch (eg or ek???) and Jomari's (or Erik's) Lite Ace w/ hydraulics..

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    LOL!!! The damn rules are outdated! ... Even the EDSA buses would break the speed limit laws every five to ten minutes.

Damn! ... City driving at 40kph maximum for cars and 30kph for trucks/buses.
    Do people in the RP follow this?
    In local forums, you'll always see a thread on "Whats your top speed" or "How fast do you drive" and you'll get replies like "I once went 140km/h on Katipunan" or "My top speed at STAR Tollway was 200km/h"

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines
    Here are some of the cars that were involved...

With a car like that you wouldn't even need to be speeding to be arrested.
    Last edited by AG4; December 31st, 2007 at 09:07 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234