New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    There's a national blanket speed limit of 80kmh on all highways (except for the expressways, where you can go 100kmh), according to the LTO website.

For smaller roads the speed limit is 50kmh.
    maybe you can post the link?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    :clap: Btw, just curious, did they arrest the drag races AFTER the race?
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Wahehe, nagpustahan muna...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Talamak talaga drag-race dyan...Kudos to TMG! Pero I'm pretty sure babalik yan in a few days.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, according to the LTO website... 80 km/h is the national speed limit.

About time they changed that... it's kinda archaic... as almost everybody breaks 100 km/h in the provinces on the clear stretches.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Here are some of the cars that were involved...

:hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    BTW, did the PDRF just up and fold? If they would still hold sanctioned events regularly (like every week or every other week), incidents like this would be lessened.

Man, if I had my own airport... or maybe even a deserted area of the Domestic Airport to work with, I'd open it up to all comers... an advanced driving school in the heart of Manila... with a quarter mile strip (or even just a 1/8 mile, to teach shifting and launching techniques) and a wet/dry autocross to teach emergency car control to people.

Then I'd hook up with the LTO... make passing the advanced driving course compulsory for all cops and bus drivers... ...maybe even have an old Fire Truck to teach emergency handling on the skidpad.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    hehehe... the winner gets away while the loser gets impounded.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    BTW, did the PDRF just up and fold? If they would still hold sanctioned events regularly (like every week or every other week), incidents like this would be lessened.

Man, if I had my own airport... or maybe even a deserted area of the Domestic Airport to work with, I'd open it up to all comers... an advanced driving school in the heart of Manila... with a quarter mile strip (or even just a 1/8 mile, to teach shifting and launching techniques) and a wet/dry autocross to teach emergency car control to people.

Then I'd hook up with the LTO... make passing the advanced driving course compulsory for all cops and bus drivers... ...maybe even have an old Fire Truck to teach emergency handling on the skidpad.
    Unfortunately its getting harder and more expensive to get a place to do legal drag racing in metro manila. The past situation is to either lease a location that is not used for anything like the roads around SM MOA before it opened.

There simply isn't a place in the metro for a place dedicated to drag racing. A possible place could be near The Fort where are still are sections unused.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, there are still sections behind or around MOA that are mostly unused.

And they could make an occassion or event of it. Charge a nominal parking fee (say, 20 pesos), have concession stands, helmet rentals, etcetera... and then do it every week.

Kahit 1/8 mile lang (200 meters) yung course. Would make it easier to do, with quicker turnover and more runs.

Seeing Hondas rip Toyotas on long... *yawn* ...boring 15-18 second races (and when they get to the finish line... wait, are they done yet? I can't see them anymore... ) isn't as good as seeing twice as many 9-10 second 200 meter runs.

C'mon guys, do we know anybody with extra land who'd like to make some money?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast