New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside_1975 View Post
    just need info mga bro im swapping my nissan sentra99 series 4 super saloon and someone offered his suzuki esteem 97 84k on the clock straight swap daw is this a good deal ? by the way if you want to view my ads just go to www.sulit.com.ph and enter ads id 1835852 thanks
    pabonggahan nalang kayo ng sakit ng sasakyan. ayan ang labanan niyo hehe. of course, pareho kayong hindi sasabihin ang sakit ng bawat kotse.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Hi! Esteem owner here. Actually, the Esteem is really one of those under appreciated cars in the market today. My concern before i bought it was the parts and so i scouted around and, surprisingly, found a number of shops selling parts (the esteem uses the same G16B vitara engine by the way). Here are a few:

Fernandos - 9124025 / 9124991
    Zukiman - 09178077900
    Pyeza - 8172206 / 8727063 / 873-4084 / 8734123
    Olympia- 7165388
    Links Motor Sales - 7114231 / 7113022
    Philhino- 6343451 / 6315315
    LVC Motors - 7129722
    WFC - 4156129 / 7403137
    Lourdes - 412-3789 / 4140213 / 7414933
    Steel - 416-7952 / 740-7211
    Oki - 7816637 / 7495028
    Kenrick - 7421163 / 7421170 / 4152246
    Banawe auto parts - 7121102 / 7117949 / 7113991
    Djan - 4132500
    regius - 4132498
    lyjiecar - 7490627 / 7819716

I dismissed the idea of buying a suzuki at first because of the parts but when i talked to other suzuki owners and gone over a couple of suzuki forums, i found that there are a number of shops that carry suzuki parts. You can also have it repaired anywhere like any other car.

Orig parts are as expensive as oem parts of other manufacturers. As for surplus parts, meron sa banaue and evangelista. In fact, the first shop i inquired in evangelista had orig shock absorbers for P1.2k only. So far, i have found all the parts i need. I even found an auto supply in better living pque that sells some suzuki parts. In short, there are replacement parts available in auto supplies but it is not as available as toyota parts. Maybe 1 out of 10 shops you go to would have the parts you need. As for surplus, you can find them in banaue or evangelista. Here are a few ORIG surplus parts for trivia: headlights P1.5K, signal lights P900, tail lights P1.5K, hatch lights P1.5K, rear hatch P7K, shocks P1.2K, throttle servo assembly P4.5K (lancer daw is P7K), compressor P3K, grille P1K, power side mirrors P1K, laminated wind shield P8.5K, bnew ordinary windshield P4.7K - negotiable pa lahat nyan but i didnt bother to ask just wanted to let you guys know that there are surplus parts - subaru nga meron suzuki pa. Dami din surplus engine parts. Fernandos sells overhauling gaskets, piston rings etc at good prices - halos kumpleto sila sa engine parts. Di pa ako bumibili sa philhino - i can find the parts elsewhere naman. I haven't checked the pasay shops pero meron din daw dun.

By the way, the timing belt of the esteem is the same as the civic lxi and costs P1.5k for an orig honda timing belt. Orig suzuki timing belt is P1.8K while replacement is P900. Tensioner bearing is P700 i think. Tie rods, rack ends, stab links cost around P400+ for replacements. If you dont like replacements for suspension parts, try Cruven polyurethane injections - off road shops sell polyurethane bushings for their rigs for P6k - P18K so this material is quite sturdy. I have tried it on my 4x4 and it is ok. If you are concerned about parts, meron cheap replacement parts, cheap surplus and brand new OEM - dont worry.

My AC is cool. Not as cool as my nissans or our honda but good enough. It uses a seiko seki compressor but you can use sanden, denso or calsonic if the AC shop can fabricate brackets for you. Found a lot of surplus compressors for around P3k in evangelista and banawe. To make it cooler, i installed a taiwan aux fan (P700) which is turned on all the time at ignition and relay & wires (P150) plus labor (P300) to cool the condenser. If you want it cooler, i suggest you have the orig AC fan turned on all the time at ignition as well (which i did not do anymore) - just add a relay. You can also add a much bigger condenser around P2k i think. It runs much cooler now. The heavy tint helps a lot. Cool and comfortable during the day and super cold at night.

Here are user reviews of the esteem:

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/suzuki/esteem/

Here is a suzuki club:

http://s8.zetaboards.com/clubcarryph/index/

I find it to be a solidly built car. The esteems are a good buy as many people think that there are no parts available. I saw a few in the tsikot ads for P170k - not bad - all power, mid size, '97 up CKD vehicle, wagon pa, comfortable seats, stock roof rails, and very spacious. Di pa kalampagin. Looks like an Audi wagon or subaru legacy. I love that rolling trunk cover and hub caps - you can change hub caps every day easily if you have spares.
    For fuel consumption, I do around 9 - 10 km/l in the city on a manual version - parang 98 honda vtec 1.6 lang diba? Not sure about the highway consumption as it's used mostly in the city.

Just remember, many people fear what they do not know or understand fully

Would just like to revive this thread, balak ko rin kasi for my wife I'm actually torn between the Esteem and Spacewagon. Though I think mas mura ang Esteem, the spacewagon has additional space for 2 at the back. What do you guys think? Kung marami naman palang parts ng Esteem from these shops I think it's a good buy

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have never owned a space wagon so i cant compare. Malayo presyo ng esteem sa spacewagon. A 97 esteem costs as much as a 92 space wagon. Mas madami siguro parts ng spacewagon. Parati ka ba 7 passengers? as in every day? If not ok na esteem may sukli ka pa. You can put a 3rd row seat sa likod parang benz wagon if you like. Maganda ung mga 99 model kasi yung A/C vents niya mejo standard rectangle na matibay di triangle katulad ng mga nauna.

If your wife is the one who is going to drive it, make sure you buy a spare clutch cable sa philhino mga p700+ lang and leave it in the car- mejo mahirap hanapin yan kung maputulan siya ng cable sa malayo, otherwise, it is a worry free car or go for a matic nalang. Check the idle up sa aircon before you buy and make sure rpm is stable. Kung kalampagin, check mo na rin yung engine and tranny mounts baka dun lang galing yun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have never owned a space wagon so i cant compare. Malayo presyo ng esteem sa spacewagon. A 97 esteem costs as much as a 92 space wagon. Mas madami siguro parts ng spacewagon. Parati ka ba 7 passengers? as in every day? If not ok na esteem may sukli ka pa. You can put a 3rd row seat sa likod parang benz wagon if you like. Maganda ung mga 99 model kasi yung A/C vents niya mejo standard rectangle na matibay di triangle katulad ng mga nauna.

If your wife is the one who is going to drive it, make sure you buy a spare clutch cable sa philhino mga p700+ lang and leave it in the car- mejo mahirap hanapin yan kung maputulan siya ng cable sa malayo, otherwise, it is a worry free car or go for a matic nalang. Check the idle up sa aircon before you buy and make sure rpm is stable. Kung kalampagin, check mo na rin yung engine and tranny mounts baka dun lang galing yun.
    Used to drive a 97 spacewagon few years ago, ride was good specially for long, out of town drives, fuel consumption was accceptable (7-8 for a matic), though medyo mahina aircon. Had to part with it as medyo nagkakaproblema na tranny. I've been considering the esteem since I know matibay talaga mga Suzukis. Siguro at most on some weekends lang namin masasagad to 7 passengers. Iwas also thinking of the 3rd row ala Benz wagon, pwede pala yun sa esteem around how much would I have to spend for that if ever, and saan makakakuha? Aside from the idle up and mounts what else do I have to watch out for? If I get the matic hindi ba problematic? Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

If your wife is the one who is going to drive it, make sure you buy a spare clutch cable sa philhino mga p700+ lang and leave it in the car- mejo mahirap hanapin yan kung maputulan siya ng cable sa malayo, otherwise, it is a worry free car or go for a matic nalang.
    Syet, wala akong spare nito. Base on your experience, gaano kadalas maputulan ng clutch cable?

Check the idle up sa aircon before you buy and make sure rpm is stable. Kung kalampagin, check mo na rin yung engine and tranny mounts baka dun lang galing yun.
    Sir, anong damage nito pag hindi stable rpm? Servo? Magkano kaya aabutin pag pina-repair? Just wanted to be informed just in case

TIA!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Iwas also thinking of the 3rd row ala Benz wagon, pwede pala yun sa esteem around how much would I have to spend for that if ever, and saan makakakuha? Aside from the idle up and mounts what else do I have to watch out for? If I get the matic hindi ba problematic? Thanks again!
    Di ko po sure sir. Pa quote nalang po kayo sa upholsterer. Mura lang siguro yun. Usually ang esteem pag second hand di na gumagana lahat ng power windows at mirrors - mura lang naman pagawa yun kasi napipipi yung mga goma - P600-P800 lang yata nagastos ko dun sa pag ayos nung lahat ng goma. Maganda kung denso na yung aircon kasi mas malamig kesa seiko seki na maingay. Minor lang naman yung mga yun. Importante bago niyo bilihin ay check niyo kung sumisindi yung check engine light at pag masdan niyo maigi yung idling at idle up kasi efi po yan. P650 yata ecu diagnosis sa philhino - dalhin niyo dun yung bibilhin niyo bago niyo bayaran.

Wala po ako experience sa matic ng suzuki pero sa palagay ko pag matic binili niyo eh di na kayo mag aalala sa clutch cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Syet, wala akong spare nito. Base on your experience, gaano kadalas maputulan ng clutch cable? Sir, anong damage nito pag hindi stable rpm? Servo? Magkano kaya aabutin pag pina-repair? Just wanted to be informed just in case
    TIA!
    Mura lang naman clutch cable nyan sir. Mas mura po kesa sa ibang japanese oem na clutch cable P750 lang orig pa. Naputulan po wife ko sa laguna dati - maraming tumulong na mekaniko pero di po naayos kasi wala po clutch cable na pareho sukat kaya tinow ko po pauwi. Mag dala na lang po kayo parati ng reserba mura lang naman at madami naman mekaniko sa tabi tabi. Di ko po masabi kung gaano kadalas masira yan kasi minsan lang naman kami naputulan.

Marami po pinanggagalingan ng hindi stable na rpm tulad ng:

1) maduming throttle body P800 - P1.2k palinis
    2) Maduming air filter - p350
    3) sirang servo sensor - p800
    4) sirang throttle position sensor - P1.5 k yata ito- pa check nalang kung tama presyo
    5) madumi o sira na maf sensor - do ko po alam kung magkano
    6) sirang ecu - P11k
    7) singaw sa mga vacuum

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydel View Post
    Tanong ko lang po if anybody has found a way to lower the fuel consumption of an A/T Esteem? I'm getting 5-6km/ltr which is quite high. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Bring it to philhino and have an ecu scan. P650 or so. Baka madumi lang throttle body mo or meron ka mga sirang sensor. 7km/l daw matic nyan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Di ko po sure sir. Pa quote nalang po kayo sa upholsterer. Mura lang siguro yun. Usually ang esteem pag second hand di na gumagana lahat ng power windows at mirrors - mura lang naman pagawa yun kasi napipipi yung mga goma - P600-P800 lang yata nagastos ko dun sa pag ayos nung lahat ng goma. Maganda kung denso na yung aircon kasi mas malamig kesa seiko seki na maingay. Minor lang naman yung mga yun. Importante bago niyo bilihin ay check niyo kung sumisindi yung check engine light at pag masdan niyo maigi yung idling at idle up kasi efi po yan. P650 yata ecu diagnosis sa philhino - dalhin niyo dun yung bibilhin niyo bago niyo bayaran.

Wala po ako experience sa matic ng suzuki pero sa palagay ko pag matic binili niyo eh di na kayo mag aalala sa clutch cable.

Mura lang naman clutch cable nyan sir. Mas mura po kesa sa ibang japanese oem na clutch cable P750 lang orig pa. Naputulan po wife ko sa laguna dati - maraming tumulong na mekaniko pero di po naayos kasi wala po clutch cable na pareho sukat kaya tinow ko po pauwi. Mag dala na lang po kayo parati ng reserba mura lang naman at madami naman mekaniko sa tabi tabi. Di ko po masabi kung gaano kadalas masira yan kasi minsan lang naman kami naputulan.

Marami po pinanggagalingan ng hindi stable na rpm tulad ng:

1) maduming throttle body P800 - P1.2k palinis
    2) Maduming air filter - p350
    3) sirang servo sensor - p800
    4) sirang throttle position sensor - P1.5 k yata ito- pa check nalang kung tama presyo
    5) madumi o sira na maf sensor - do ko po alam kung magkano
    6) sirang ecu - P11k
    7) singaw sa mga vacuum
    ok sir, salamat ulit! the usual suspects lang din naman pala aabangan ko just like your more common Japanese brands

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi oceanrider88,

If you have time, I would like to invite you to visit the Esteem forum of Club Suzuki Philippines http://s8.zetaboards.com/clubcarryph/forum/14651/

Based on your knowledge and familiarity with our Esteem, you could help a lot of Esteem owners frequenting that site.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    LOOKING FOR HEAVY DUTY TIEROD ENDS
    Hi!
    We have a 1998 Esteem GLX Wagon A/T with about 90,000 km on it. My wife owned it from new. The problem is that the tierod ends never seem to last since the car was bought. Parang every 2 yrs or so sumasama na ang tierod ends! And hindi naman kami abusado mag drive

We have bought OEM tierod ends from Pilhino, Links, Olympia at hindi tumatagal, so we tried replacement ones from links and olympia at hindi din tumatagal. So finally we tried a urethane injection process, pero medyo malabo din. May nag suggest sa akin to try "555" Tierod ends, ano palagay niyo?

So my main questions are, 1-Does anyone else have a similiar experience? 2- Where can i buy HEAVY DUTY Tierod ends? THANK YOU!
    patrick

Suzuki Esteem Wagon [Merged]