New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Clean-looking interiors. Not a big fan of orange though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    ic, Tagalog isn't it?

Hmm, no means to offense
    I remember about Kikkoman before...
    seems like a brand of Japanese soy sauce. Love that one in jp restaurant. Tasty, or 'oishii', jpn people said
    http://www.kikkoman.co.jp/products/lineup/index.html
    Yes, indeed.

I love the black one with the "plato" rims (the one on the left) :D

Whats the size of those tires? Does it affect the turning radius?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Does your club have instructions on how to do the window modification in the second row? My friend might be interested in doing it on his APV...
    The guy used rubber window lining rail that's used in Daihatsu Zebra Espass (Indonesian product) passenger door, and he also custom-cut the glass windows. The original metal rail of window is also removed/cut away.

The Suzuki APV is kind of uncommon here, because a lot of people believe that if it isn't Toyota, it isn't worth it. Too bad for them.
    Actually I was in Toyota 'bandwagon' before (Corona 2.0 litre) and Isuzu (Panther/Hilander 2.3). But since technology is evolving and since 2002 Suzuki started to re-manage their product package, well, I prefer Suzuki than Toyota. This is ofcourse in the mid-low priced car. In mid-low class, I've felt several 'decreasing' in Toyota products, and that's a bit disappointing. Pity Toyota, they seemed to look for big bucks in this class.

For example the Avanza, the 1.3 litre version has bad rear suspension design, that's causing instability when passing in some degree of bumpy road. And the front disc brake is not a ventilated version (dunno about exported version). And there's a bit body ringing/vibration/wind sound issue in high speed. That's the biggest issue, at least for me. The other is the quality-made of Avanza clearly looks cheap in the eyes Far different from the pricey Innova... APV seems between both, but positioned in the same price with Avanza, more interesting to me.

To be honest, I was nearly-nearly about to get Avanza (since there's no other competing product in its class at that time) in 3 days before Suzuki salesperson contacted me & told that APV will be launched soon. Lucky for Suzuki, and lucky me :-)

I've been using APV for nearly 2 years by now, no probs at all so far. Interesting product too, since it's quite stable up to 120km/h in fast cornering with that towering body, heheh
    My Panther/Hilander 2.3 could do that only up to 80km/h in the same road.
    Both are in bare standard condition.

I like Toyota's premium cars (Alphard, Cressida, Celsior/Lexus LS4xx etc.), but not the value-minded ones...
    I think good value-minded cars is now already belongs to Suzuki.

Photo:
    black APV, beside Avanza (left), Kijang Innova (front) and the previous Kijang - you might call it Tamaraw/Unser I guess (back).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    our "wifey" will surely love this... spaceous for kids... nice interior!!! this is a good replacement for my kids sidecar...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    I love the black one with the "plato" rims (the one on the left) :D

Whats the size of those tires?
    Does it affect the turning radius?
    Tires are 225/40R18 at that low. Can use 235/40R18 or 225/45R18 too if you're not lowdown enough.

No, it doesn't - with correct ET/offset and wheel width.
    Try using around ET40 (+40mm, standard offset) with 8J maximum width. 7J or 7.5J is ofcourse better in technically term. 8J looks better in the car's posture . 8,5J or more will scrape front fender , and need further difficult mods to the front suspension/fender. Haven't try that at the rear with 8,5J, but might be possible.

Maximum wheel size tested so far: 20-inchx8J (yes, welcome to the 'tis' club)
    tis = Twenty Inches Strong(tm)
    http://www.tiswheels.com/

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... many people here are holding off buying the APV because they're waiting to see what the Avanza is like. Is the rear suspension really that bad? Argh. Why do all modern Toyotas have to have really stiff rear ends? (Fortuner, Innova, RAV4... and the Avanza?!?)

Surprising to hear that the APVs leaf springs are more compliant, but I really wish they'd give us your 1.5 liter version instead. My friend says his 1.6 only gets 10 km/l on the highway and 7 km/l in bad traffic.

Amazing how much wheel can fit in the wheel well! My Lynx can only take 18's!

Thanks for the tip about the window, will relay it to my friend.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice ride...kinda remind me of the A-Team's black GMC van.... (if you weren't born before 80's you won't know the A-Team)...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    nice ride...kinda remind me of the A-Team's black GMC van.... (if you weren't born before 80's you won't know the A-Team)...
    Hmm...

The black van with thin red stripes, and 13 or 14-inch racing style black wheel with brand embossed in white, and 70-aspect ratio tires set with brand & tire size in white, coolest racing style at that time

At that time one of my friend argued that it was cool, having small diameter of wheel with 70-aspect ratio tires. I said it's better to have bigger wheel (but no more than 17 or 18-inch) and 60 or 50-aspect ratio of tires, since there's gain in vehicle steering precision, but he still insist on his opinion heheh

And nowadays, people is even more extreme than what I think...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    but I really wish they'd give us your 1.5 liter version instead. My friend says his 1.6 only gets 10 km/l on the highway and 7 km/l in bad traffic.
    Try to inflate front tires in LADEN, then plus 4 psi. For the rear, try to use in LADEN too but decrease 4 psi, if you're driving alone or up to 4 person (open the door and look at pillar-B sticker in driver's side).
    This is fine if he drives max 120km/h and not in raining/wet condition.

Haha... many people here are holding off buying the APV because they're waiting to see what the Avanza is like. Is the rear suspension really that bad? Argh.
    Avanza is actually looks sweet, as the usual Toyota body styling. And that's where people start to get any Toyota. Sweet Japan body styling.
    But well, right now I think it's important to have a good car in technical matters.
    And now Suzuki car design is now seems based on European ones. There's resemblence, in APV, with Volkswagen Caravelle/Eurovan (see photo, VW Caravelle/Eurovan bus - ABT racing tuned). Can't afford that car, so I take the 'value' version - the APV, heheh

Talking about trend, US people nowadays are looking for European car, especially German ones, due to good design both in styling and technical matters. Timeless body styling, you should not get bored easily looking at it from time to time
    (So that you won't tempted to buy/sell car in short time, money saving too )

Surprising to hear that the APVs leaf springs are more compliant, ...
    Yes I also surprised about this. To be honest, I was interested at Avanza's coil spring because I thought it would be better than leaf design. In APV case, I'm wrong.

Indonesian car magazines are already aware of this, since weeks after Avanza's launch. They do comparative test with other cars. One is AutoBild Indonesia. What a surprise, it said like there's tendencies to have a dangerous situation in stability, especially when fully loaded (Avz is 7-seater/person car). Hmm... it's a first time I read 'bout harsh comment in car test, in mass media (not in the internet)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hhmm... 20" on a suzuki apv?? ehh diba ang liit lang ng engine nyan? anu kaya mangyayari sa fuel consumption nyan? 0-60kph ing wat 20-30 secs?

Pero para sakin ok lang ang gwapo naman ehh!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.