New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    OT: all english thread pala itow :-)

peace ...

nice APV. my friend has one here, no major complaints as her family use it mostly on weekends. her daughter loves it as she can play inside with all her toys, pillows, etc

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    Hhmm... 20" on a suzuki apv?? ehh diba ang liit lang ng engine nyan? anu kaya mangyayari sa fuel consumption nyan? 0-60kph ing wat 20-30 secs?
    Pero para sakin ok lang ang gwapo naman ehh!
    Dunno exactly what you wrote (I don't speak Tagalog)

Accelleration will surely be worse with 20-inch, and worsen fuel consumption.
    But don't forget the important thing: technology is evolving too in metalurgy. Nowadays I found an 18-inch wheel which has a mere 7,3Kgs only (a Japanese wheel made) :thumbup:
    Very much different from the old tech ones with same size, which may weigh around 15Kgs or more. Standard ones usually around 7 to 8Kgs, for 14 to 15 -inch alloy wheel, not stamped steel one.

Lightest 20-inch nowadays: 9,6 to 11,4Kgs !!!
    And yes, they surely crush you bank account

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice APV's....surely a value for money.....

pimp APV's you've got in there...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed View Post
    nice APV's....surely a value for money.....
    pimp APV's you've got in there...
    Like this huh?
    All RECARO seats & other 'nice' things, hail to that

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *Ranma: My APV driving friend is asking if you guys know of any aftermarket solutions for the ride. He's not completely satisfied with the ride in the rear of his APV 1.6, as he says it's too bouncy when he's got passengers in the back row (his kids look like bobbing head dolls when he's driving... )... any ideas?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *Ranma: My APV driving friend is asking if you guys know of any aftermarket solutions for the ride. He's not completely satisfied with the ride in the rear of his APV 1.6, as he says it's too bouncy when he's got passengers in the back row (his kids look like bobbing head dolls when he's driving... )... any ideas?
    Sorry for the very-late answer, niky

Too bouncy usually caused by too much pressure in the rear tires. If he only takes 5 person, try to reduce the tire pressure. Gauge them first, then look at the guidance in the B-pillar at the driver's side. There's a sticker that tells you in 2 language: English & Spanish if I'm not mistaken. To make it softer/less bouncy, use near the UNLADEN tire pressure. LADEN is used for maximum load (8-person +baggage).

I use different tire set, since it comes with 15" aluminium alloy wheels set. Bridgestone Turanza ER60 195/65R15 - max tire pressure for rear set is 44 psi (LADEN), but I fill it till 38 psi to make it softer-less bouncy - that's 6 psi less than the maximum allowed. Dunno 'bout your tire (185/80R14 is it ?)

I suggest reduce it to 6 to 10 psi, depends on his preferences.
    Less is better in comfort+maximum tire grip when in high speed.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll relay it to him. Thanks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice!!!!

Am a big fan of Suzuki products. (Underdog products hehehehe)

Would prefer getting an APV than other famous Japanese brand.

(I own a jimny by the way)

Suzuki rocks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Nice!!!!
    Am a big fan of Suzuki products. (Underdog products hehehehe)

Would prefer getting an APV than other famous Japanese brand.
    (I own a jimny by the way)

Suzuki rocks!
    The underdog product(s) in Indonesia right now (for non-commercial vehicle) is Mitsubishi, they're still struggling to get back their customer - since year 2005. This is due to the price of spare parts that's relatively not mura compared to the big 3 of cheap parts price: Toyota, Suzuki & Isuzu . Mitsu already shutdown their assembling line for family cars (which before has big success with Lancer, Galant V6 and Kuda or Adventure in Phils), except for commercial truck products which is still holding strong.
    And also Mazda, due to hefty pricetag (not mura) of the car & parts. But Mazda can't be called a looser since its RX-8 sold out many units - exceeding other brand in sport car model.

Top Japanese brand in Indonesia market based on van/MPV/SUV kind of car (Indonesia's fave):
    1. Toyota (they get it from old Kijang or Tamaraw/Revo in Phils & Avanza)
    2. Suzuki (from APV, Carry van and various models like Escudo or Vitara, Aerio, Karimun or wagonR 1.0 and Jimny Katana.)
    3. Honda (real big success with Jazz or Fit, and CR-V)
    4. NISSAN (huge success with X-Trail 2.5 - a racing SUV car - and old Terrano or Pathfinder in Phils, plus Serena van)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Other guy's APV, not yet APV Indonesia club member though...
    Using Venerdi Hereborani CL-210 19-inch & Toyo Tires T1-R

Elegant look...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.