New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Nagpa vehicle inspection tests kami. Sabi sa report the stabilizer links are worn out while the Suspension Arm Assembly are lower/worn out too. Hindi ba pwede after 5 years ko na lang iparepair ito? Sobrang mahal kasi. Halos aabutin ng 5,400 for Stabilizer and 21,200 pesos for Suspension Arm Assembly.

Kakaayos lang ng Drive Belt at ATF Transmission Fluid replacement. Medyo ayaw ko muna gumastos e...

Any thoughts/opinions?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Nagpa vehicle inspection tests kami. Sabi sa report the stabilizer links are worn out while the Suspension Arm Assembly are lower/worn out too. Hindi ba pwede after 5 years ko na lang iparepair ito? Sobrang mahal kasi. Halos aabutin ng 5,400 for Stabilizer and 21,200 pesos for Suspension Arm Assembly.

Kakaayos lang ng Drive Belt at ATF Transmission Fluid replacement. Medyo ayaw ko muna gumastos e...

Any thoughts/opinions?
    errr...
    what car, po?
    off-road use ba 'yan, at mabilis ma-upod?

and why the magic number of 5 years?

the stabilizers are to make the car less unwieldy on the roads, what with turns and such.

the suspension arms...
    are important in steering the car,
    and prevent your car from collapsing onto the road surface.
    biglang bumibigay o kumakalas ang suspension arm, with little or no warning.

if i had to choose to fix only one, i'd choose the suspension arm first.
    but i really would want to fix both of them already.

...casa estimate ba yan?
    bring it to non-casa mekaniko. banawe.
    i am sure, they will be considerably cheaper (50% ?) and much faster.

tongue-in-cheek,
    "if you're not gonna use the car, it's ok not to have these fixed."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 18th, 2020 at 03:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post

Any thoughts/opinions?
    Depending on the car but stabilizer link is just 400 - 800 Php lang po (or if you found a good brand, it should only cost 1k-2k range).
    Then mga 400-600 labor.

If that's out of warranty, much better if sa labas mo nalang ipapagawa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    presyong casa yata yanOk lang ba hindi muna ipagawa ang Stabilizer links and Suspension Arm Assembly? and why wait for 5 years? anong car? warranty?

try other shops specializing in underchassis repair. no idea sa price but hindi naman ganyan presyuhan. need na i fix yan dahil connected sa steering. iirc, one of may ELF truck dati ay nagkaisyu sa stabilizer, mahigpit mapihit pakanan, sa starman ko pinaayos, naging ok naman.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    normally naman bushings lang nyan ang kailangan palitan...

not unless sobrang pudpod na yung bushings and sinira nya na yung mount.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

"in the casa, they replace entire assemblies."
    walang tinge-tinge sa casa.
    para raw sigurado't walang back-job.
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

agree with you bro. yung stabilizer, kung hindi pa naman pudpod yung thread sa dulo, no need palitan. palit bushings at grinagrasahan lang yan

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree with the guys. Both are safety issues. Kung nagtitipid, you can get quality replacement parts instead of original parts. If the control arms are still ok and only the bushings are damaged, you can have new bushings pressed.

The Japan made replacement brands are ok. And cost only a fraction of original parts.

Another thing with the arms. If you don't fix them soon they will cause your tires to wear unevenly. Mabilis yan mauubos. Gastos na naman yun.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Based on my personal experience... (Except for the 88-91 Lancer)

Sirang bushing/stabilizer etc will result to the following:

Kalampag
    Affect vehicle stability (cornering/acceleration/braking)
    Affect alignment and camber

(Yung Lancer ko bigla na lang tumirik )

If wala kang nararamdaman/nakikitang/naririnig na issue... Baka pwede pa maghintay ng 5 years.

Pero 5 years later... May pagagawa ka nanaman ulit. Paluma nang paluma yung car, palaki mg palaki ang gastos.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    bro ano sasakyan mo? these two parts are not that expensive. over priced yan quote sayo. original stablinks more or less 2000, Lower arm assembly (balljoint and two bushings) more or less 10,000.

edit: mukhang pairs ata yun quote lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast