New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    If it's a grinding sound it could just be the break pads making uneven contact with the rotor disc.

Had that problem with our Rav4 when we still had it, mechanic said it was because they used poor quality brake pads. First thing I noticed is that there was a lot of brake dust even on short trips.

Does it usually happen at slow stops and starts at traffic lights when you're riding the brake a little bit?
    It is usually heard after full brakes or when depressing on downward inclines.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kia and Hyundai are notorious for that groaning noise from the front brakes. It has something to do with the brake pad material that is why we owners change to aftermarket brake pads when the oem pads wear out.

So is it a kia or hyundai? Please identify the car make and model.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Kia and Hyundai are notorious for that groaning noise from the front brakes. It has something to do with the brake pad material that is why we owners change to aftermarket brake pads when the oem pads wear out.

So is it a kia or hyundai? Please identify the car make and model.
    why wait?
    i'd replace them immediately.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gomezgomez View Post
    It is usually heard after full brakes or when depressing on downward inclines.
    Having the brake pads changed with higher quality ones can be your best solution. That's what I did and the sounds disappeared after that.

Let us know how it works out. Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka since bago pa hinde pa nag set yun brakes. Hinde yata ginagamit eh. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^tama

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Baka since bago pa hinde pa nag set yun brakes. Hinde yata ginagamit eh. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grabe gamit na gamit nga eh hahaha. Nasa 400+ na yata odometer. Di lang nagagamit pag coding. Hahaha

Observe ko muna hanggang 1K. Baka nga nag a adapt ba yung pads sa disc. Ang medyo niwoworry ko lang baka mawalan ako ng preno bigla or something. Paranoid hahaha. Di naman magkakaganun no?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gomezgomez View Post
    Grabe gamit na gamit nga eh hahaha. Nasa 400+ na yata odometer. Di lang nagagamit pag coding. Hahaha

Observe ko muna hanggang 1K. Baka nga nag a adapt ba yung pads sa disc. Ang medyo niwoworry ko lang baka mawalan ako ng preno bigla or something. Paranoid hahaha. Di naman magkakaganun no?
    naalala ko yun bendix rotor ko noon, nakalagay no hard braking for 300km

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why wait?
    i'd replace them immediately.
    One word: kuripot.

My starex'#2's1st set of brake pads lasted 25k km before it needed replacement. I am just at 11k km on starex#3.

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    I have that same issue with my gen 1 crv. Usually heard on very light braking at speed <20kph. Didn't have that noise when it was using cheap pads before (R type?), but after replacing them with Akebono's (Japan, oe supplier, supposedly better), it started appearing after 2k kms of use. Sanded the brake pads and disc, as per mechanic, masyado daw matigas, nagiging shiny masyado ung disc due to lack of friction on light braking. Then after 2.1k kms, it happened again, I noticed a black streak on some portions of the disc. I think this is the cause of sound wherein the pads touches that black thingy (not burnt). This time i diy the sanding of both and proper bed in procedure, plus cleaning. After <500kms, i can now see these black streak again. Tsk. Its only a matter of time before I hear it again, im sure. Really disappointed at them Akebono's. Got the reco from the brake pad thread and the bought at the named supplier.

Now, I'm just gonna have to diy that pita every +- 2k kms, until its done. Then, i'll change to Nissin. Hopefully, its better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast