New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bugoys View Post
    I have that same issue with my gen 1 crv. Usually heard on very light braking at speed <20kph. Didn't have that noise when it was using cheap pads before (R type?), but after replacing them with Akebono's (Japan, oe supplier, supposedly better), it started appearing after 2k kms of use. Sanded the brake pads and disc, as per mechanic, masyado daw matigas, nagiging shiny masyado ung disc due to lack of friction on light braking. Then after 2.1k kms, it happened again, I noticed a black streak on some portions of the disc. I think this is the cause of sound wherein the pads touches that black thingy (not burnt). This time i diy the sanding of both and proper bed in procedure, plus cleaning. After <500kms, i can now see these black streak again. Tsk. Its only a matter of time before I hear it again, im sure. Really disappointed at them Akebono's. Got the reco from the brake pad thread and the bought at the named supplier.

Now, I'm just gonna have to diy that pita every +- 2k kms, until its done. Then, i'll change to Nissin. Hopefully, its better.
    bendix is cheap, palitan mo nalang kaysa every 2k km ka nagbabaklas.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have that same issue with my gen 1 crv. Usually heard on very light braking at speed <20kph. Didn't have that noise when it was using cheap pads before (R type?), but after replacing them with Akebono's (Japan, oe supplier, supposedly better), it started appearing after 2k kms of use. Sanded the brake pads and disc, as per mechanic, masyado daw matigas, nagiging shiny masyado ung disc due to lack of friction on light braking. Then after 2.1k kms, it happened again, I noticed a black streak on some portions of the disc. I think this is the cause of sound wherein the pads touches that black thingy (not burnt). This time i diy the sanding of both and proper bed in procedure, plus cleaning. After <500kms, i can now see these black streak again. Tsk. Its only a matter of time before I hear it again, im sure. Really disappointed at them Akebono's. Got the reco from the brake pad thread and the bought at the named supplier.

Now, I'm just gonna have to diy that pita every +- 2k kms, until its done. Then, i'll change to Nissin. Hopefully, its better.
    It only means and may problema eh yun pads mo. Replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bendix is cheap, palitan mo nalang kaysa every 2k km ka nagbabaklas.

I'm just maximizing the pads to the extent of my hardwork. Hahahah. Pag napagod na ako, palitan ko na.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It only means and may problema eh yun pads mo. Replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Pad transfer is very evident. Shame lang cause it's priced twice of bendix and just a few hundreds shy of Nissin. Charged to experience na lang.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'm just maximizing the pads to the extent of my hardwork. Hahahah. Pag napagod na ako, palitan ko na.
    Yeah. Pad transfer is very evident. Shame lang cause it's priced twice of bendix and just a few hundreds shy of Nissin. Charged to experience na lang.
    bro bendix and other brands naman are not brake fade proof. pero na sand mo na yung rotor, so malamang nga baka lemon yun nakuha mo? di pwede humingi replacement from the seller?

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro bendix and other brands naman are not brake fade proof. pero na sand mo na yung rotor, so malamang nga baka lemon yun nakuha mo? di pwede humingi replacement from the seller?
    Yes, bro. Brake cleaner, IPA wipe, brake grease, brake fluid, lahat pinalitan ko na. Lemon, that i don't know, but even if it is, I'll just replace them sooner or later, hassle pa bumalik sa supplier.

Ano na kaya nangyari kay TS? Any update, sir/ma'am?

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Yes, bro. Brake cleaner, IPA wipe, brake grease, brake fluid, lahat pinalitan ko na. Lemon, that i don't know, but even if it is, I'll just replace them sooner or later, hassle pa bumalik sa supplier.

try parin
    malay mo ma refund or palitan ... ng bendix [emoji28]
    so far yu hiQ brake pads nakuha ko kay crazy boy malapit if not pareho ng orig toyota brake pads ko ngayon

7. Join Date
    Aug 2019

Naririnig ko parin sya. Minomonitor ko kung kailan ko sya naririnig, and I also have recorded some videos with the sound.

Preparation nalang since balak ko talaga sya ipatingin sa 1K PMS. Isasagad ko na since baka nga talagang bago lang yung pads at mawawala sya by the time PMS na. Yung video, ipapakita ko kapag by that time alam kong meron paring tunog pero di nakisama si unit at hindi tumunog pag nasa casa na. Kaunti nalang naman, by September 28 1 month check up na.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Update after 1K PMS: Service Advisor said it's nothing to worry about, sabi nya pag caliper type (disc) daw yung brakes, normal lang yung sound. Kasama din naman yung brakes sa routine check nila every PMS, at wala naman sila nakita, so I guess it's not a big deal. Nabyahe ko na din sya back and forth from QC to Batangas (after the 1K PMS), at wala naman ako naging issue.

I might get a second opinion from another casa or from another outside service shop, pero di naman na sya masyadong worrying.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my brakes don't make a significant sound.
    they just... brake.

but the pedal return spring does make a sound.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 2nd, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019

Yan yung tunog, for reference nalang din. Tumutunog lang sya pag dine-depress yung brakes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast