New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    So I recently brought a new car and it was released from the casa around 2 weeks ago.

Although I noticed that after a full stop brake, whenever I depress the brake, it makes a groaning sound from the front side of the car. Not all the time, just sometimes. Like.. 30% of the time.

The front brakes are ventilated disc type. The transmission is CVT (if that matters).

EDIT: Sounds like this, check 1:14 of the vid: Weird noise when pushing and letting off the brake pedal when at stops - YouTube

Is this normal? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    abs light on? try hard brakinf?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gomezgomez View Post
    So I recently brought a new car and it was released from the casa around 2 weeks ago.

Although I noticed that after a full stop brake, whenever I depress the brake, it makes a groaning sound from the front side of the car. Not all the time, just sometimes. Like.. 30% of the time.

The front brakes are ventilated disc type. The transmission is CVT (if that matters).

Is this normal? TIA.
    my wild guess,
    something is loose.
    perhaps the brake caliper assembly.
    or the wheel lug nuts.
    or, your bearings are broken.

have it lifted, and examine your suspension and steering components.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 12th, 2019 at 01:28 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    abs light on? try hard brakinf?
    ABS light does not come on at any time. Manual says it only comes on when there is a problem with ABS.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    It kind of sounds similar to this one, around the 1:13 mark:

Weird noise when pushing and letting off the brake pedal when at stops - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    groaning? or grinding sound?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    groaning? or grinding sound?
    Maybe grinding? I'm not really sure how to describe the sound. It's like the sound at this video around 1:14 mark: Weird noise when pushing and letting off the brake pedal when at stops - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009

EDIT: Sounds like this, check 1:14 of the vid: Weird noise when pushing and letting off the brake pedal when at stops - YouTube

Is this normal? TIA.
    If it sounds abnormal then bring it back to the dealer, they could have skipped some QI procedures when the vehicle was released. Also, suspension and alignment warranties are usually valid for 15days only-they are treated as consumables.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Maybe grinding? I'm not really sure how to describe the sound. It's like the sound at this video around 1:14 mark: Weird noise when pushing and letting off the brake pedal when at stops - YouTube
    kiskis ng bakal at brake pad material ang grinding sound..

kumukulog ang stomach.. thats groaning.. gassy tummy or stomach cramps..

i hear the sound at 1:14 but very faintly..

if that sound happens to me with the honda city.. id bring it to the dealer..

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    If it's a grinding sound it could just be the break pads making uneven contact with the rotor disc.

Had that problem with our Rav4 when we still had it, mechanic said it was because they used poor quality brake pads. First thing I noticed is that there was a lot of brake dust even on short trips.

Does it usually happen at slow stops and starts at traffic lights when you're riding the brake a little bit?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast