New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ano ba ang cefiro sa US,infinity i30?let me know you're engine code,baka nas infinity line up yan,i'll check the shop manual for you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    so now, even with an original brake master the problem still hasn't been fixed? i don't think you should let them charge you for that. i told you before that the brake master was not to blame.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    ano ba ang cefiro sa US,infinity i30?let me know you're engine code,baka nas infinity line up yan,i'll check the shop manual for you.
    Yep, it's the I30. But the Cefiro has a 2.0V6 instead.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    Engine is a VQ20, disc brakes front and rear.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    casa finally found out what is wrong with my brakes. they claim that it is an internal leak sa ABS actuator module. I asked how they determined that there is an internal leak but I was not given an answer. All they said was they pulled a unit from another cefiro that was traded in and it fixed the problem. I test drove it and it did respond normally.

The catch: new part cost a unfreaking belivable 135,000 pesos! Unit not repairable. even if I was crazy enough to order one it will take at least 3 weeks to get here from Japan. Called around sa Banawe and they don't carry it. There is a surpus unit daw, quoted me 30K over the phone but I can't be sure if it is the right one as my car and defective part are still in the stealership. Of course they won't sell me the test unit.

BTW, they offered to get my unit from me for 230K. This was before problem was diagnosed. Now trade in value is 230 - 135 = JUNK.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mga experts, would you know if the car can be modified? Meaning, bypass the ABS system? I'm thinking that maybe the brake system can be repiped to bypass the ABS module and just pull the fuse for it. Kung baga, normal brakes only. Is it safe or am I courting danger? If ever saan pwedeng pagawa?

TIA.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Mga experts, would you know if the car can be modified? Meaning, bypass the ABS system? I'm thinking that maybe the brake system can be repiped to bypass the ABS module and just pull the fuse for it. Kung baga, normal brakes only. Is it safe or am I courting danger? If ever saan pwedeng pagawa?

TIA.
    That's more work.My advice is pull the car from casa.look and shop around for a used actuator, maybe you can find a generic one.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    reverting from abs brake system to base brake is not a rocket science. you'll just probably need some metal tubings, fittings and a split diagonal proportioning valve (if it's a front wheel drive car). but of course an abs function is a safety feature.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    simply pulling the abs fuse should make the abs system non functional... pwede mo rekta rekta yung brake lines pero that will be a pain in the butt plus involve a lot of fabrication work.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    simply pulling the abs fuse should make the abs system non functional... pwede mo rekta rekta yung brake lines pero that will be a pain in the butt plus involve a lot of fabrication work.
    Will try it when I get the car back on Tuesday. Where will I find the abs fuse, engine or under the dash with the other small fuses?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
help sa brakes