The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What make/model?
    2002 Cefiro A32 AT

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    may i ask,why did you replace the master cylinder? Does it have ABS?Tell mang ingo to bleed it properly,hehe.Start from front driver side,front pass side,rear driver side and lastly rear passenger side.Let me know if you have ABS>

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    may i ask,why did you replace the master cylinder? Does it have ABS?Tell mang ingo to bleed it properly,hehe.Start from front driver side,front pass side,rear driver side and lastly rear passenger side.Let me know if you have ABS>
    Yes I have ABS.

Problem started when I got a brake warning light and lubog na pedal. Brought the car to Speedyfix. They initially tried to flush and clean the brakes. Warning light went away but lubog pa din yung pedal. Sent the car in for backjob. They replaced brake master with a Japan compatible part. Ok for a couple of days then lubog nanaman. Retun again and they checked all hoses and the hydrovac. Determined that the pc valve of the hydrovac is leaking. Replaced valve and bleed sysytem. After about a week pedal is sinking again but only when the engine is cold. They said that they hooked it up to a computer and there are 2 error codes for the abs but its not causing the warning light to come on. If it is an ABS error, can they fix it or do I have to bring it to casa?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your car?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Yes I have ABS.

Problem started when I got a brake warning light and lubog na pedal. Brought the car to Speedyfix. They initially tried to flush and clean the brakes. Warning light went away but lubog pa din yung pedal. Sent the car in for backjob. They replaced brake master with a Japan compatible part. Ok for a couple of days then lubog nanaman. Retun again and they checked all hoses and the hydrovac. Determined that the pc valve of the hydrovac is leaking. Replaced valve and bleed sysytem. After about a week pedal is sinking again but only when the engine is cold. They said that they hooked it up to a computer and there are 2 error codes for the abs but its not causing the warning light to come on. If it is an ABS error, can they fix it or do I have to bring it to casa?
    If you have brake warning light it means you need to connect a OBDII scanner to retrieve the error code.Ask them what is the error code on your car.Their are tons of code for ABS brakes(i.e. abs sensor,brake pad sensor).Why did they replace the master cylinder?You should return it to speedfix for warranty work ,If they can't fix it ask for your money and run away.Sorry i can't help you that much coz i don't know the error code you have.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the car was brought to us after the brake master had been overhauled at another shop and the indicator was on. the brakes did not give consitent pressure and when we took off the master we found it was still leaking. after replacement and bleeding it was ok for a couple of days without a problem and we were able to solve the light problem.

the car came back and we re-bled it but after checking the one way valve for from the hydrovac to the intake (which helps in the brake assist) we found it would also not hold the pressure and would sometimes allow the pedal to depress fully. we replaced this and rebled the system again.

i'm positive there is no air in the system na.

the brake lines are allright and have no leaks.

the calipers have been thoroughly inspected and there are no leaks also there.

the hydrovac we did not replace at the shop. it must have been done by the other shop.

the fact that the system normalizes shows there is no air in the brake system because if there were it would not become hard no matter what the temp of the engine is.

the brake fluid level is not going down so no leaks.

according to our scanner which is similar to nissans consult, there were DTC's with the abs but i don't remember what they were off the top of my head. i can rescan the system for you and print the results out if you like.

userfriendly, if there is anything wrong with the parts we replaced or the work we did then i am fully willing to refund the money to you. just bring the old parts so we can put them back and i can send the part to my supplier so they can check if and why it is defective.

if the problem persists and it is the fault of the abs then i would rather have you bring it to nissan as they will have the parts in stock there.

thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Did you do a pressure bleed or two person bleed(mano2)?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we pressure bled it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm currently in the province and its my wife who is using the car. I left instructions with our driver to keep an eye on it. If it does not go away, I told him to bring it back to your shop. Can you pls print out the results. BTW the hydrovac was not replaced, just the valve.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ok, keep me updated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
help sa brakes