New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    the problem with your brake is the trapped air in the abs hcu. no amount of pressure bleeding ang makakapurge ng trapped air sa hcu kailangan mo ng scanner na magco-comand ng abs bleeding by actuating the abs motor (or kung alam mo teknik maari mong mapurge ang air by having the pump motor run but not 100% effective). the proper procedure is bleed base brake system (conventional or pressure bleeding) then bleed the abs by the scanner and finally bleed uli ang base brake. hope this help...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just an update. My driver brought the car back bec the brakes are now sinking and there is a hissing sound when you step on it. The sound is like air escaping. It was connected to a scanner and no error codes showed. I belive this is a good sign as I think the abs is intact. They say the hydrovac probably gave out. What do you guys think? Opinons pls.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check all lines.

Had the brake master of the Vitara replaced as well. Baligtad nga lang problema, nag-stick yung brakes. So kapag tumatakbo parang nakapreno pa din. Yung gumawa, bleed ng bleed and adjust ng adjust. Nung huli yung piyesa na sinisi.

Pinatignan ko sa pinsan ni afrasay. May konting mali lang pala sa instillation. Ok na now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Just an update. My driver brought the car back bec the brakes are now sinking and there is a hissing sound when you step on it. The sound is like air escaping. It was connected to a scanner and no error codes showed. I belive this is a good sign as I think the abs is intact. They say the hydrovac probably gave out. What do you guys think? Opinons pls.
    My wild guess is abs pump.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    hissing sound is not always an indication of a bad booster (hydrovac tawag ng iba) pag bad ang booster dapat matigas ang tapak mo dahil mawawalan ng vacuum. un hissing na nadidinig mo ay ang entry ng atmospheric pressure sa kabilang side ng diaphragm un ang assist sa effort ng tapak natin. para machek mo booster i=pump mo brake pedal (engine off) hanngang tumigas ang feel mo sa tapak then habang nakatapak ka paandarin mo engine pag bumaba ng konti pedal, booster is good.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tried it twice. Both times pedal sank. What does it mean and what should i have the shop check? Thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    as posted earlier ask the shop to bleed the base brake and the abs brake (bleeding by the scanner) then start from there check if bleeding the system properly corrected the problem.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Brought the car to Nissan and had them bleed the brakes including abs. They also checked the entire car. They claimed that the abs is working properly and that it is the brake master that is defective. Brought the car back to the original shop cause Nissan wanted way too much money. They pressure tested the brake master and it is not leaking baka daw hydrovac.

I really don't know what to do now. The brakes feel spongy/soft and will sink about 3/4 of the way down but it functions. The hissing sound is still there. Can you suggest some shops that specialize or are experts on brake repairs or at least have proper diagnostic tools to test both hydrovac and brake master.

Can you guys describe what are the typical symptoms of a failing/defective hydrovac and brake master. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    sa master cyl meron mga kaso ng internal leak (piston seal) but the red brake warning light sa dash ay iilaw bec of the unbalance pressure. meron naman primary piston leak, ang leak ay not visible outside and fluid ay napupunta sa booster. you can check that by removing the vac valve at insert mo a piece of straw (or a long plastic tie strap) hanngang bottom then check mo straw kung basa. kung basa may leak ang master then you'll need to replace it, pag ganyan case replace din booster since sooner magle-leak din dahil sisirain ng brake fluid ang seal ng booster.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I called the service advisor sa nissan. Found out that they only did a regualr bleed. They do not have equipment on how to do bleed by scanner. He left me with the impression that he does not know what it is, I may be wrong though.

So can you guys pls advise me what shop can do a bleed by scanner. I want to try this before messing around with the brake master or brake booster.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
help sa brakes