New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Btw since Subaru is AWD, it cannot be towed the usual way (dragging behind on rear wheels). It has to be carried on top of a truck. If it gets towed via rear wheels, sorry, sira na ang Subaru mo. Katakot takot na paayos na yan. Make sure never to take risks in parking your Subaru.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I took the car back to CASA yesterday but I couldn't stay with them because I have a lot of things to do. Gave them a list of problems I experience and some were fixed. My unit also started showing the "change oil", "change filter"... Signs like yours. It even has a grounded wire sound when you change the illuminator light to anywhere in the middle. But on my way home from CASA, the spring noise below the car was still heard. My sister rides with me and she hears it too! I'm getting angry with subaru already! I keep telling them that they should change the unit because I did not buy a new car to have to go thru all this trouble! But they just keep saying they're going to repair it, however, they seem to cannot find where the sound is coming from. What else can I do??

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sbol79 View Post
    I took the car back to CASA yesterday but I couldn't stay with them because I have a lot of things to do. Gave them a list of problems I experience and some were fixed. My unit also started showing the "change oil", "change filter"... Signs like yours. It even has a grounded wire sound when you change the illuminator light to anywhere in the middle. But on my way home from CASA, the spring noise below the car was still heard. My sister rides with me and she hears it too! I'm getting angry with subaru already! I keep telling them that they should change the unit because I did not buy a new car to have to go thru all this trouble! But they just keep saying they're going to repair it, however, they seem to cannot find where the sound is coming from. What else can I do??
    You have to demand that they give you a new unit. Tell them you are going to take legal action if they don't. Don't be afraid to be freak out in front of them. You have every right to demand a new unit because of the trouble you went through. Do it immediately. Make time for it and document your conversations and the dates you went to the casa, etc. Yung sa akin was just a forgotten reset ng computer but no other problems. Yung sayo kailangan talaga palitan yan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    In absence of the Lemon Law...you are at the mercy of the Manufacturer

.too bad for us consumers as we are not protected from such incidents

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App[/QUOTE]

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by acespino2000 View Post
    In absence of the Lemon Law...you are at the mercy of the Manufacturer

.too bad for us consumers as we are not protected from such incidents

[/QUOTE]

The Consumer Protection Republic Act covers the concern of our fellow Tsokoteers. Don't ever think you are powerless as a consumer. There is a recourse which begins at DTI and connects all related departments. The worst thing to do is to shut up and bear it. Hassle pero kailangan magreklamo to make sure these things will not be taken lightly.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sbol79 View Post
    Also, does your breaks make noise when you step on it during a slight uphill or downhill? Not sure if it's normal but I don't like the sound. When I mentioned it to the CASA when I brought it in on my second week of owning the car, they said they'll check on it. But they didn't tell me if it was normal or not. Even after check up, the breaks still makes the same sound. I just want to know if this is normal.
    Same problem with my XV. But the squealing sound on mine can be heard even if I'm driving on a flat road. It happens when I step on the brake lightly. Will bring it to the casa on my 10k pms cguro.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0609 View Post
    Same problem with my XV. But the squealing sound on mine can be heard even if I'm driving on a flat road. It happens when I step on the brake lightly. Will bring it to the casa on my 10k pms cguro.

oh no :-( I hope walang ganyang magiging problem sa XV ko. Wala pang 800km ang tinatakbo nito. So far wala and I hope hindi magkakaroon. These cases are really disheartening.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Go to the main casa which is the Greenhills Edsa branch.

Talk to them nicely. This branch maybe better equipped to address the issue bec. its company owned and not a franchise. The chief mechanic training all other mechanics for new company owned and franchise dealerships is stationed here. You might want to provide as much details as possible. A video clip might help.

BTW, Greenhills branch addressed all my concerns (mechanical and paint).

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yung akin during the first month nya ive been hearing squeaking noise sa likod. what i did was record the noise by placing the recorder near the suspected location and then i paparinig ko sa casa sana when i go. fortunately nawala kaya di ko na ginawa. i suggest you do the same para you have evidence and theu cannot deny the existence of the noise. kasi minsan biglang nawawala pag nasa casa na or pag andun ka na or kapag test drive na ng technician. at least di ka na nila macocontest if you have a proof. ako naman ngayon ang reklamo ko is my squeaking sound sa power window pag tumataas sya at nasa sya or umuulan. it needs grease lang siguro.
    by the way i drive 2014 forester 2.0i L

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nung bago rin forester ko may mga naririnig rinig din akong ingay from time to time, pero ngayon after 2.5months and 1700km nawala naman na..

These cars have thousands of parts all trying to know each other...obserbahan niyo muna, antayin niyo lumapat lahat ng piyesa..report niyo lang kung anong nariring rinig niyo then pag dating ng first check up tingnan niyo kung andiyan pa...

For the mean time, relax... Im sure Subaru engineers and designers gave you a solid product.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems