New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    why not consider a charitable event? like building houses for GK, or a feeding program for street kids.

tsikot.com, being a public forum has to have something reflecting the organization's social responsibility. sa panahon ngayon na madaming taong naghihirap, its a blessing to be a blessing for others. let us share our blessings with our unfortunate brothers and sisters instead of focusing on how to beautify and displaying our cars, or spending on booze, food and ***y and wet look girls doing bikini carwashes...

killjoy ba? but i think its worth it.
    Sir 1D4LV, welcome to the Strada Club threads.

Yes, your suggestion is very welcome. Social responsibility is one of the things that we would like to be part of the club. Our club is very young. We are just on our second year and had been spending time to establish well our camaraderie and become one cohesive force. But despite our being a newbie club, for the past 2 years, we are proud to state that we have participated in Tsikot's charitable activitie, we have made at least 2 medical and dental missions and one tree-planting activity. So you see, being socially responsible is innate in our members kahit car club kami.

Being young (the club), we are still at the stage of refining our club's identity. At a very short time, we already have accomplished establishing our identity. Refining it may take a longer time. Sir, may I invite you to read one of our threads to better know us: TSCP Project: The BOSB Philosophy . It's been a while that we posted anything new in that thread, but that thread will show you that we have set goals on our formative years. Probably expanding the written BOSB Philosophy to include Social Responsibility will be a worthwhile project. Mangyayari din yan, soon, I predict.

Our time is limited, so are our resources. But we plan to balance all these in our third year including our responsibility to our society. Probably the feeding program for the streetchildren that you suggested is a good idea. I may endorse this and other worthwhile projects in one of our club's planning sessions and find ways to raise some funds for this and other similar activities for 2010.

Driving our stradas, Friday night EBs, cold booze, sports activities, outdoor trips, funruns, fun talks, medical and dental missions, environmental responsibilities, and many more... this is us, The Strada Club of the Philippines.

Your suggestions will illicit positive responses from our club members, I'm sure. Let's await them. I'm certain they also have other bright things in mind related to your suggestion.

Again, welcome to the Strada Club threads, sir 1D4LV,

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    why not consider a charitable event? like building houses for GK, or a feeding program for street kids.

tsikot.com, being a public forum has to have something reflecting the organization's social responsibility. sa panahon ngayon na madaming taong naghihirap, its a blessing to be a blessing for others. let us share our blessings with our unfortunate brothers and sisters instead of focusing on how to beautify and displaying our cars, or spending on booze, food and ***y and wet look girls doing bikini carwashes...

killjoy ba? but i think its worth it.

Sir....are you suggesting these activities for the club or for tsikot.com as a whole community???

These suggestions are great....and if you have done these already: the gawad kalinga thing and the feeding program for street children; our officers would definitely would like to ask someone like you for some first hand info on how to go about or coordinate these kinds of charitable activity.....

Trust me, the club can put up the resources and time for these activities......maraming matulungin dito sir.....you need not ask twice. Always go kami sa mga ganyang activity.

As they have previously mentioned.....the club is into charitable events also.....though not as high profile as the GK thing......we have done dental missions in various areas in the metro as well as in the province and participated in tsikot.com's various charity events.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hehehe, timely naman ang ganitong suggestions... last week, Ting and I started contacting the Gawad Kalinga people... surprise ko sana sa inyo kung plantsado na...

with respect to the club's social responsibility, hindi tayo nagkulang sa ganitong mga bagay... as already pointed out in the previous post ni doc ooba and tukayong moxxxs, we have participated with tsikot's outreach program in Laguna and conducted medical and dental missions in the depressed communities of Las Pinas and Tarlac. Keep in mind, wala pa two years ang TSCP...

while we might be boisterous in our threads regarding our strada mods and fun-filled activities (weekly booze sessions, airsoft and real gun firings, scuba diving, baguio expedition, coron trip, boracay get-away, sagada event, etc.), we are silent and humble enough not to emphasize on what we have done to help others. ika nga, hindi lang puro hangin and papogian sa Strada Club... may puso din tayo hehehehe...

ergo, in my humble opinion, TSCP has grown from a mere car club into an entity which has direction and vision to help others. but we should not rest in our laurels, we must strive to be better in the future... kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan? hahahaha

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tukayo....wala kasi siyang alam kung ano ginagawa natin sa club dahil hindi naman siya member.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moxxxs View Post
    Tukayo....wala kasi siyang alam kung ano ginagawa natin sa club dahil hindi naman siya member.
    hehe, sana bumili din siya ng strada and become a member... lahat naman welcome to be one, di ba?

and sana mabasa din ng mga newbies and lurkers itong thread na ito... so that they'll know the 'true' nature ng TSCP

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    pwede ba rename ang thread to TSCP suggestions for 2009 activities, someone might think its for all in tsikot forum.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Your wish is my command!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Your wish is my command!
    Parang genie ah. Bukas pa ba yon?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    the abovementioned statements by some of our club officers are true.

in addition, our most humble intention of reaching out has also been mentioned on our introductory statement:

We are a group of individuals drawn together with a common interest: the Mitsubishi Strada. Its formation is based on the spirit of brotherhood as we help each other answer questions about our trucks, offer tips, and share suggestions on how to maximize the potential of the Strada. The tsikot.com forum offers intelligent answers to any query about the Strada. We envision this club to flourish not only on-line but, as a thriving community, be involved in community projects.
    the growth of the club is quick, if not, gradual because of our willingness to Have Fun, Make our Day and Choose our Attitude- in short, The BOSB Philosophy.

Our maiden year of 2008 was utilized to build up the team to form a successful club. This year of 2009, i have observed that because of our strong club base, we can achieve just about anything... and what better way to enjoy the pact is to conduct outreach programs either in club initiated (solo) or joint-ventured with Non Governmental Organizations.

I have full faith in our officers and fellow club members that TSCP... to this date is a well-oiled machine and evolving to become an instituion in the coming years. Still, A phenomenon in my book, i must say.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; September 9th, 2009 at 07:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    2009 is almost over... closing this thread and opening another for 2010 suggestions

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789