New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mga bosbs, i figured that we should start talking about what you, as member would like to do for next year, so i am starting this thread to get your ideas, inputs suggestions and comments.... please try to keep this thread as clean and wholesome(hmmmm.... mahirap ata) as possible!! hehehehehe

please indicate what you would like the club to do/organize, where to hold it etc.... this thread will be kept open until April of 2009

1. doc glenn and i have been talking about our [SIZE=4]tour of the Philippines[/SIZE] for the past year already... so far we have received invitations and support from our Mindanao and luzon based members. what we are still tying to figure out would be for the fuel and other consumables.
    2. a fun run to sagada has been brought up during the baguio trip. a very good place to go, but we will be needing a lot of help for the logistics as lodging in sagada is rather limited( as far as i know, last i was there was 3 years ago...)
    3. aside from the tour of the philippines, a smaller tour has also been suggested... like northern luzon via ilocos and/or cagayan valley, and southern tagalog.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    fund raising activity muna to help finance the club's needs...

then charity work to help our less fortunate kababayans...

we need inputs on these...

tapos, fun run and trailing ulit! yeah!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    then charity work to help our less fortunate kababayans...
    puede joint medical & dental mission... yung mga kumander bahala sa feeding session...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    thanks for the suggestions doc boz!!!! actually when glen and i were talking about the tour it was sort of a joke between the both of us, but after i did a run to mindanao on my bike i thought it would be great to bring the stradas around and make mandatory tops at the provinces where we already have a representative..... but it's still in the planning stages anyway, if not next year, pwede the year after... but definitely this will happen and glenn and i would be volunteering our trucks!!!!

as for the med missions, my sisters are doctors at PGH, they said to come up with the plan and the program then they will present it to their department heads, i think i can get something from unilab, i'll try to have my friends who work there to start pulling strings!! this is actually something that the officers have been wanting to do.

keep the suggestions coming!!!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvin Cristi View Post

as for the med missions, my sisters are doctors at PGH, they said to come up with the plan and the program then they will present it to their department heads, i think i can get something from unilab, i'll try to have my friends who work there to start pulling strings!! this is actually something that the officers have been wanting to do.

keep the suggestions coming!!!!

BOSBs, every May si erpats merong medical/dental mission sa different baranggays sa Casiguran, Aurora. Pwede tayo makipag tie-up sa NGO nila and bring our own set of doctors and dentists. They also have a number of regular sponsors for the medicines. Its usually a five-day event and its during the town fiesta so food is not a problem.

Going there is already an adventure, around 3-5 river crossings and about 5 hours of rough winding roads/light trail. We go there via Cabanatuan-Pantabangan-Nueva Vizcaya hi-way right smack in the middle of the Sierra Madre Mountains.

Problem is accomodation, medyo limited lang space sa bahay. We could camp-out though sa bukid.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    you could try mount pinatubo trek. very nice. i was there last year and conquered it up to the volcanoes crater.

i was hesitant at first because i thought i wouldn't be able to hack it but surprisingly i did fine.

beside mount pinatubo, you could also climb bamban tarlac's mountains. i remember i drove from clark thru the sacobia mountains, crossed some streams and i ended up in bamban tarlac.

then there is the road to san jose tarlac where you could visit a monastery.

there are many places here that are nice for offroading, wala nga lang me barkada mahilig dito.

then you could spend the night in our farm in concepcion, tarlac, camping style. just bring your tents. not five star accomodations however. just a safe place to park and sleep under the stars.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    you could try mount pinatubo trek. very nice. i was there last year and conquered it up to the volcanoes crater.

i was hesitant at first because i thought i wouldn't be able to hack it but surprisingly i did fine.

beside mount pinatubo, you could also climb bamban tarlac's mountains. i remember i drove from clark thru the sacobia mountains, crossed some streams and i ended up in bamban tarlac.

there are many places here that are nice for offroading, wala nga lang me barkada mahilig dito.

then you could spend the night in our farm in concepcion, tarlac, camping style. just bring your tents. not five star accomodations however. just a safe place to park and sleep under the stars.
    thanks for the suggestion sir. sounds also good. as you mentioned wla kayo mga barkada mahilig dito, join the strada club, and definitely, you will have barkada to join you. thanks for also suggesting your place in concepcion for outdoor camping, that will be cool. even if you have other generation strada, we welcome all gen L200, endeavor, Stradas.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

maganda sa San Jose Tarlac Monastery pag mahal na araw... 1 hour ang travel from Tarlac City (mabilis na ako nun ha)... parang Kennon Road ang daan...

Medical - Dental mission??

sali ako dyan!!!!

BP BP BP libre BP dito...:doclove:

:injured:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvin Cristi View Post
    doc glenn and i have been talking about our [SIZE=4]tour of the Philippines[/SIZE] for the past year already... so far we have received invitations and support from our Mindanao and luzon based members. what we are still tying to figure out would be for the fuel and other consumables.
    This will definitely be a dream come true for the club. Nismo and I talked about this during the Baguio fun run. Pero, kailangan dito ng matinding planning, like how do we fit all our trucks in one ro-ro, where to stay overnight, how to stick to our schedule otherwise maiiwan tayo ng ro-ro... Fuel & consumables c/o the BOSBs and family. Think of it as a vacation.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Your wish is my command!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast