New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yun pa isang problem ng Cavs. Despite winning a lot of games in the regular season, tumitiklop sila sa Playoffs. I blame Coach Mike Brown for that. He is unable to do key adjustments down the stretch to stop the opposing teams momentum.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    you cant compare it those groups. maybe you can compare him to KG or allen who joined pierce. Bird came without machale. i cant remember if parsih is already there or the trade of parish-joe barry caroll came later. Bird are draft picks just like Magic. magic is different coz kareem is already there. worthy is a product of draft pick.
    a more good comparison is like this "scenario".
    after the phoenix-chicago championship game in the 90's, Barkely will announce that he will join join Jordan, or any other championship caliber team. and Barkely is the reigning MVP.
    Sorry I have to clarify. What I mean I could compare is that the team has 3 superstars in one or more seasons. As for greatness, that is yet to be determined.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    pick and roll, pick and pop, and ISO lang kasi ang Offense ng CAVS kaya pag datin gng playoffs alam na ng kalaban ang gagawin nila. Pag last 5 mins. pa 1 on 5 nalang palagi.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    well if you dont think that is a good supporting cast(all star mo williams, antawn jamison, etc,) then i cannot comment on that. maybe for you wade and bosh are the supporting cast caliber. its subjective.
    another reason why you just lost your credibility on this matter. lebron made mo an all-star. and to be precise, he made one all star game in 2009 as a replacement for an injured chris bosh. what happened to him after lebron left? that's right back to mediocrity and his so-called injury which for all intents and purposes was done to tank the season. We all know that the all-star game is a popularity contest decided by the fans and not a real measure of talent. Did you even watch him in last year's playoffs? one word KABADO.
    Now how about Antawn Jamison? Hmm lets see, an aging KG went all Kareem Abdul Jabbar on him! Again did you even watch a single cavs series last year or will you bring up that youve been watching him since HS??
    Regular Season games doesnt matter, just ask the laker fans, thats usually what they say whenever la loses in the regular season. So the best record doesnt mean anything but seeding come p[layoff time. To cap it all off, where is the cavs again this season with their top notch supporting cast?
    Lottery.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    if there's one thing clear, its the fact that nobody won a championship alone. its a team game after all. what differentiates lebron is that instead of leaving it to management and the general manager to build a contender for him, he chose to take his career into his own hands and decided to pursue the best chance (at least to him) for him to win. he did it thru free agency when his contract had expired.
    lets say youre working for banco filipino before the bankruptcy happened. youre employment contract is only until 2010. lets say you have 2 kids who are about to enter elementary school and your salary with banco filipino wont be enough to cover the expenses. Then a friend told you about an opening in BDO. You got tempted because BDO is doing well and the pay is higher. Youve been with banco filipino youre entire career. what would you do?
    I think we will agree that all professional player's ultimate goal is to win a championship right? Why scorn a man for wanting it so bad that he chose to take less money and share the limelight with 2 other superstars just to be able to attain it? It wasnt like Lebron and Wade are perennial contenders for the chip like jordan and barkley were or larry and magic were. After 2006, both lebron and wade were always bounced out of the playoffs by teams with multiple scoring options: Spurs (duncan, parker, ginobili) and Celtics (Pierce, KG, Allen)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    whats funny is that even with multiple superstars like the heat, it still won't guarantee them a championship vs the mavs.
    48 points on 15 shots and 24-24 ft is no joke. Most players cant even make 24 straight free throws in practice let alone in a playoff game.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *sir four-rings, we all know that Cavs could have won more games than they usually did. Ang season nato parang ginamit lang nila for their rookies to have more experience. I think they even put 2-3 rookies in their starting lineup alternately and Mo's minutes when he's still there is limited. I agree with you that LBJ's cast in last years playoffs were inconsistent.

HINDI NA AKO MAKAPAGHINTAY BUKAS AND SEE HOW WILL THE HEAT STOP DIRK AND CO.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Nice one Niwde, we are talking about Lebron here better than Jordan nga daw, e Jordan is Jordan, pero kulang pa sila Mo at Antawn, declining but still effective Shaq and Ilgauskas, Varejao di star pero pwede na. Di niya kaya bitbitin?

Pano Dallas niyan, lolo lahat ng player pati star nila si Dirk, at bordering na sa has been lahat ng supporting cast...pag nag champion e di wasak yung consepto needs 2 other young and in their prime superstars to win a championship..
    Let's put it this way. Cavs (LBJ era) facing the fresh big 3 of celtics 2008 and 2010 = talo. D.rose's Chicago bulls vs the new big 3 Miami Heat. Sa line up nang bench and chicago i'm sure mas "OK" naman ang line up nang bulls..

It's like when Jordan is having difficulties vs detroit, cavs vs boston. Dadating sa isang team ang roadblock kahit ganun sila kagaling. Like when shaq left LAL, it took what? 4 years for kobe to recover right (vs suns)?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^sigurista and ang nabasa ko dati parang kinausap muna sila ni Wade...
    Si Bosh kasi sold-out na sa Miami umpisa pa lang. Si LBJ siyempre that time medyo busy sa dami ng manliligaw kaya hard to get pa.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by four-rings View Post
    whats funny is that even with multiple superstars like the heat, it still won't guarantee them a championship vs the mavs.
    And vice-versa with the Mavs. Again in 2006 they went up 2-zip. If you watch the 1st 2 games parang walang chance talaga Miami, they were totally outclassed. Kaso iba nga talaga yung walang pa masyadong play-off experience, natalo lang ng game 3, ulats na.

Same thing that happened with Orl in 1995. Game 1 was almost in the bag but nasulot, ayun, na-sweep pa. Imagine what would have happened if they win game 1.

But si LBJ maganda nilaro sa 2007 finals kaso iba pa lakas ng SAS noon eh, tindi pa ng combo ni TD at BB sa depensa. Pero dun ko lang nakita na pinaglaruan ni LBJ si BB gaya nung na-sweep ng LAL ang SAS noong 2001 ata yun.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Lebron james thread: Haters and lovers alikes are welcome.