New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have a relative who is undergoing dialysis for the past 2 years. Besides the lost of weight, I noticed yung character niya is very different. May periods siyang irrational at parang batang makulit. At meron naman matino yung pagiisip. Normal ba yung mood swing na 'to? Will this get worst as it goes on?
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 27th, 2006 at 10:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Baka may kinalaman yan sa depression.

curious lang po. ano cause ng kidney failure nya? complications ba ng diabetes?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To put is plainly, yung medyo wala sa sarili usually before dialysis iyon kapag ipon ang toxins sa katawan. After dialysis, nagiging ok naman.

Dati tinawag pa kong pulis ng pasyente at bakit ko daw siya inaaresto. :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    any idea how much dialysis costs locally?
    the figure i've got is anything from 5k - 10k per session, and from 1x to 3x a week (the US sites say 3X a week is mandatory).

at those rates, even an upper-middle class family would be bankrupted pretty quick.

i was wondering -- why is it so expensive? because of the dialyzate? diba na-re-recover naman yun up to 10 times?

also, bakit lahat ng dialysis na naririnig ko is the hemodialysis? wala bang gumagawa nung PD dito? yung simplest form of PD di nga kailangan ng equipment, just two plastic bags.. pero messy nga. or is it na PD is not cheaper kasi yung dialyzate yung mahal?

also i saw this product, the baxter homechoice pro, it's an overnight PD cyclic machine. invented by dean kamen (the guy who invented the Segway among other things).

i was thinking, since yung mga fredenius and b. braun na hospital hemodialysis units are around $25k, the baxter homechoice should be sub-$10k. at that rate (assuming di ganun ka mahal yung dialysis fluid) it would be better to just buy the baxter homechoice than fork out 5k - 10k pesos 2X to 3X a week.

doctors on the forum, comments?

p.s. morbid lang ako and hoping i'll never need dialysis..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May PD naman sa UST. Pero very labor intensive ang PD (hindi natutulog yung clerk and hindi umaalis sa tabi ng pasyente). Alam ko ginagawa lang ito sa mga pasyenteng hindi pwede mag HD for one reason or another.

Factors which inflate cost include expensive equipment, specially trained personell, and the fluids used in the actual session.

Having dialysis done at home is not recommended since it does require specially trained personell and the correct aseptic methods (to prevent infection).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sa US home dialysis is a very common practice.

yung PD sounds like it's cheaper kasi nga wala na yung polymer filter (your peritoneum substitutes for it!) so the only consumable is the fluid. i don't know how much those fluids cost...

the baxter homechoice is completely automatic. basically connect it to your stent (or valve.. or whatever that "oil change" hole in your tummy is) and it will automagically cycle the dialysis fluid in and out of your stomach cavity while you sleep. pag gising mo next day, ayos na. you can go about your regular day. wala lang akong mahanap na pricing of the machine online.. hmmm.. (kasi covered yung lease niya by medicare in the US)

i saw a HD machine in HMR before.. had a good laugh thinking about operating an HD clinic on the cheap (not to mention, it would have an actual value to poor people who can't afford a huge fee). turns out those things go for $1000 on e-Bay only (mga fredenius pa naman!) although there's no way of verifying functionality.

so i guess the biggest cost would be the cost of the dialysis fluid (and maybe the labor). kasi the machine itself is $25k -- that's only as much as a midrange car. siguro naman in <1 year bawi na nung hospital yung cost nun.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi gud day ever1!

can u help me with my Feasibility study..

i rily need to conduct a survey for dialysis patients..

i've been to different hospitals in Metro Manila but they are refusing to conduct it on their hospital..

hope to have a reply from you guys ..

thank you!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmm... tagal na itong thread ko. BTW, my Uncle sadly passed away after two-years of dialysis in 2008.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gjhel View Post
    hi gud day ever1!

can u help me with my Feasibility study..

i rily need to conduct a survey for dialysis patients..

i've been to different hospitals in Metro Manila but they are refusing to conduct it on their hospital..

hope to have a reply from you guys ..

thank you!
    mahirap kasi sa kalooban nang mga taong pasyente na eto at mga kamag anak nila na hinahalungkat pa ang kanilang karanasan at kalagayaan.

kaya ayaw nang mga hospital na gawin pa eto na ikadadagdag sa kahirapan nang mga pasyente nila.

sana maintindihan mo

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    I know this doesn't concern you much but I just need a little of your attention. I'm an incoming 4th year nursing student at Manila Doctors College and we need hemodialysis patients for our quantitative study entitled “Perceived effectiveness of health teaching and self care management of patients undergoing hemodialysis”.

We understand that hemodialysis patients (dead/alive) are incapable of answering such questionnaires due to pain and suffering their having right now. We recommend RELATIVES, who are taking care of them, can answer the questionnaire. This will not consume much of your time.

https://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-s...KNHII_804a5de9

It will be a very BIG HELP for us if you could answer it. Advance thank you and have a great day to all of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kidney Dialysis Side Effects