New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "2pc boiled chicken w/ boiled kamote on the side please...no salt of course!" :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    raw oats as appetizer and side dish, chewy yum hehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    actually i plan to put up a resto before thats a healthy resto mga 2 years ago, even befor ethe SBD came about, i got the idea sa states where they really compare the content of the food you are eating, i got list of the content of food serve at wendy's, mcdo, kfc etc, tapos ill show the facts that compared to eating at those fast food eat at my place its so much healtier and guilt free, tipong sisiraan mo yung ka competition, its quite unethical but you can say that compare to FKC chicken we do our chicken better, or compared to the burger of NCdo ours are a lot healtier, sa states kasi literal ang comparison nila, they say ours is better than them, they state the brand of product pa nga...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...does vegetarian restos count (well not for BBs maybe sa health conscious)? alam ko marami rami ata dito yun, ewan ko lang kung nag-survive.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc
    actually i plan to put up a resto before thats a healthy resto mga 2 years ago, even befor ethe SBD came about, i got the idea sa states where they really compare the content of the food you are eating, i got list of the content of food serve at wendy's, mcdo, kfc etc, tapos ill show the facts that compared to eating at those fast food eat at my place its so much healtier and guilt free, tipong sisiraan mo yung ka competition, its quite unethical but you can say that compare to FKC chicken we do our chicken better, or compared to the burger of NCdo ours are a lot healtier, sa states kasi literal ang comparison nila, they say ours is better than them, they state the brand of product pa nga...
    I don't think it's unethical if it's true comparison. You can even publish a billboard with this sign:

MacDonald's Hambuger = 36 grams SATURATED FAT

CuteDoc's Burger = 2 grams SATURATED FAT (served with Green Tea)

So finish your story. What happened to your plan then?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my suggestion is to look at facts before taking the plunge:

1. what is the population of the metro area? what % of this population is relatively affluent? of those people, how many would describe themselves as 'health-conscious' and would patronize such a place? perhaps you could get some college students to run a public survey for you.

2. what is your pricing point? you are assuming that people will pay for the convenience and the health benefits of your food - how much do you think you can charge?

3. what are your fixed costs - i.e. lease, wages, food etc.? depending on how many people you think you can get to come into your doors, and your prices/margins, do you think you will make or lose money?

4. what does your competition look like? are you competing only with other health-food places, or all restaurants? what will make people come to your place vs. everyone else's? moreover, why would someone go to your place instead of fixing themselves a healthy meal or chugging a protein/diet drink?

5. (this is always overlooked) do you or a partner have the experience or ability to run a restaurant? just off the top of my head, you have to know how to deal with wait staff and irate customers, forecast demand so you can have the right amount of food and staff on hand all the time, the right suppliers, a great cook, a good marketing plan and be able to work long hours.

if you have good answers to all 5, then i say go for it

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    It's amazing Taco Bell with their intellectual business geniuses seemed to have missed all these 5 basic questions before taking the plunge in the Philippines. Now their franchise here is a disaster.

Or perhaps there's more to these 5 basic questions than meets the eye.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmm.. for a start i want my soup laced with ephedra and creatine and for my main dish i want masteron, stanazol, dianabol. Yong ,anabolic take home na lang po baka mahuli tayo...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    impreza: hahaha bawal main dish mo ha!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    impreza: haha that's bad..susta nlng oops sorry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bodybuilder's Restaurant