New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Need help. PLDT provided a modem wifi in 1. Problem is their wifi signal is weak. I bought a cdr king wifi with repeater function.

Easy setup. Now problem is, i can connect thru the repeater but there is no internet access when using a smartphone, but with my laptop, i can connect with the repeater with internet access. What s wrong with my setup? I also noticed that if you access the wifi admin page thru the repeater, the admin page of the main wifi is displayed while if i access the admin page whike connected to the main wifi, the repeater admin page is displayed. Thanks for the help

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Netgear router exploit detected

Netgear router exploit detected - BBC News
    I saw that last week and applied it. I'm not too worried. I keep my router buttoned up.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Need help. PLDT provided a modem wifi in 1. Problem is their wifi signal is weak. I bought a cdr king wifi with repeater function.

Easy setup. Now problem is, i can connect thru the repeater but there is no internet access when using a smartphone, but with my laptop, i can connect with the repeater with internet access. What s wrong with my setup? I also noticed that if you access the wifi admin page thru the repeater, the admin page of the main wifi is displayed while if i access the admin page whike connected to the main wifi, the repeater admin page is displayed. Thanks for the help
    What is the ip address of the router and the repeater? Could be that youre broadcasting the same lan ip with conflicting gateway.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I saw that last week and applied it. I'm not too worried. I keep my router buttoned up.
    as long as you dont do remote administration youll be alright

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

if the cdr king has dhcp, make sure its disabled. you need only 1 dhcp running

lack of internet access could be due to wrong dns assignment. check your dns setting

as to the confusing display of admin page, make sure the cdr king has a unique ip address
    Last edited by kisshmet; October 14th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Do those "universal" wifi range extenders (the ones that are small enough to be plugged in directly to an ac wall socket) sold online actually work with any router?

I have a Converge router on the 2nd floor. Problem is, it's wifi signal is so weak that my Android TV box downstairs keeps losing wifi signal. I temporarily set up my cdrking router as an ethernet bridge to get streaming working on my TV. I need a more permanent solution to get stronger wifi signal downstairs (not just for the tv) that doesn't involve running cat5 cable around the house or through the walls.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Do those "universal" wifi range extenders (the ones that are small enough to be plugged in directly to an ac wall socket) sold online actually work with any router?

I have a Converge router on the 2nd floor. Problem is, it's wifi signal is so weak that my Android TV box downstairs keeps losing wifi signal. I temporarily set up my cdrking router as an ethernet bridge to get streaming working on my TV. I need a more permanent solution to get stronger wifi signal downstairs that doesn't involve running cat5 cable around the house or through the walls.
    Repeaters in general do work pero you'll need to find the odd spot where the wifi signal is adequate but not that strong:
    a. If the wifi signal is too strong, mag ooverlap yung mga wifi signal (from both wifi devices). Theoretically walang problem ito pero I've seen odd things happen.
    b. If the wifi signal is too weak, you'll only be repeating a bad signal. A device connected to the repeater will show strong signal pero mabagal yung network.

Also, you won't be able to avoid problems wherein a device will hold on to a weak signal for too long before 'switching over' its wifi connection to the repeated signal. You can try tplink or ASUS compared to the 'universal' ones.

Repeating is iffy at best.

You can try a powerline adapter din pero depending how your house is wired, it may or may not be a good solution for you.

If you don't need a fast connection, mesh, repeater or powerline should be ok. If you need a reliable, fast connection, cat5 talaga.
    Last edited by mda; September 27th, 2018 at 07:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

I have a Converge router on the 2nd floor. Problem is, it's wifi signal is so weak that my Android TV box downstairs keeps losing wifi signal. I temporarily set up my cdrking router as an ethernet bridge to get streaming working on my TV. I need a more permanent solution to get stronger wifi signal downstairs (not just for the tv) that doesn't involve running cat5 cable around the house or through the walls.
    How much signal or bar are you getting in your android tv box ? Sometimes the positioning of main wifi router helps a lot...

Also, instead of buying repeaters or extenders try upgrading your main router with a better a one that gives long range signal... i remember when we upgrade to pldt fiber they provide much better router compared to their pldt mydsl, we dont need repeater to our 2nd floor... hope it helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012

I use xiaomi repeater. Ok sya. Dun ka muna sa place na balak mo lagyan ng repeater kung ok pa signal dun. Kumbaga gitna ng 2nd floor at ng tv ang magandang place

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for the replies. I am planning to relocate and wall mount the main router. I'm not sure how much excess line the installer left though. And of course there's the problem of access to the AC mains.

I'll see how it goes from there.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast