New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    WDS is a complicated set up that require in depth knowledge about radio wave propagation, wifi speed standards (A, B, G & N), wifi channeling (channels 1 to 11), wifi encryption (WEP, WPA), wifi band (2GHz & 5GHz) in order to successfully pair and get maximal network speed from this set up

Its easier to crimp ethernet cables
    Last edited by kisshmet; October 6th, 2015 at 08:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I am not techie kaya i hope someone can help me out... Our old zyxel internet modem was replaced by a wireless router/modem by PLDT. However, the signal doesn't reach some areas in our house, so what i did was to connect another wifi router (tp-link with 2 antennas). Hindi ba naglalaban yung 2 wifi routers sa speed ng DSL? What would be a better set up? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rey752 View Post
    Sir why not ask your DSL company to change your old modem to a new one na may built in WiFi? Less energy consumption kase isang bukas lang.or para sa multi computer use? Computer shop?
    Baka pilitin nanaman kami mag upgrade ng mas mataas na plan haha

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik721 View Post
    I am not techie kaya i hope someone can help me out... Our old zyxel internet modem was replaced by a wireless router/modem by PLDT. However, the signal doesn't reach some areas in our house, so what i did was to connect another wifi router (tp-link with 2 antennas). Hindi ba naglalaban yung 2 wifi routers sa speed ng DSL? What would be a better set up? Thanks
    Maybe you can use it as wifi repeater, or buy a wifi repeater.

There are wifi router that can be configured as repeater. Go to your old wifi admin page, you will see an option that selected is DHCP. Basically that's the mode of the wifi. Change it to bridge mode. This will make that old wifi router a repeater.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_repeater
    How to Extend Your Wi-Fi Network With an Old Router
    Last edited by BratPAQ; October 7th, 2015 at 06:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    When he required to connect 2nd house separated 50 meters away to their existing network he consulted me. Checked both linksys & netgear routers if both will get the job done. Unfortunately both failed to meet the requirements of WDS and detachable antenna so we could mount the antenna outside the house in order to cover the 50 meters stretch
    I think there are other Netgear models that meet both having a WDS function and detachable antennas. I just needed something low to mid-range that handled Netflix and game (Steam, Origin, Uplay, GoG) downloads without hiccups.

My old D-Link 802.11N router satisfied those two requirements. But, Netflix spent a lot of time buffering when I was using it. Wife got tired of waiting.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^netgear router was interesting in the sense that it uses a FQDN (fully qualified domain name) to configure the router instead of the typical IP address

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik721 View Post
    check first the wifi speed standard provided by PLDT. N is the fastest and A is the slowest

PLDT is your root wifi if its of the G standard then even if you bridge it with N access points your entire wifi set up will be limited by the root standard

if the extending wifi is connected via ethernet cable and you inadvertently set the 2 wifis to utilize the same channel (channel 1 - 11) then each wifi could interfere with one another. interference will definitely slow down wifi access speed

one good thing about wifi device with WDS functionality is that it has utility to scan the wifi channels nearby. just pick the channel not picked up by the utility
    Last edited by kisshmet; October 7th, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Thanks for all the replies on my query. I didn't do anything with the wifi set up i.e channel, DHCP. After following the setting up instructions, i left it as is na. I will try your suggestions. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Netgear router exploit detected

Netgear router exploit detected - BBC News

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Need help. PLDT provided a modem wifi in 1. Problem is their wifi signal is weak. I bought a cdr king wifi with repeater function.

Easy setup. Now problem is, i can connect thru the repeater but there is no internet access when using a smartphone, but with my laptop, i can connect with the repeater with internet access. What s wrong with my setup? I also noticed that if you access the wifi admin page thru the repeater, the admin page of the main wifi is displayed while if i access the admin page whike connected to the main wifi, the repeater admin page is displayed. Thanks for the help

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast