The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Carrier grade - Ruckus.
    Like a Ferrari as your daily ride.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just use TP Link na access point to boost the wifi signal sa loob bahay. Just need to pair yung WDS ng router at ng AP then plug it within range the max range ng router to further extend the wifi signal sa loob ng bahay.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a Netgear R6250. Seems to work great especially with Netflix. I run Netflix via a PS3 with its 802.11G WiFi adapter. No problems with loading videos. I also get the full wired 6.2 MB/sec (50 Mb/sec) when I buy and download games from say, Steam.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 6th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^it seems netgear is a popular brand in the US, my cousin whos in the US send those stuff back home here with his sibling

His brother on the hand is fussy about brands and prefer linksys

When he required to connect 2nd house separated 50 meters away to their existing network he consulted me. Checked both linksys & netgear routers if both will get the job done. Unfortunately both failed to meet the requirements of WDS and detachable antenna so we could mount the antenna outside the house in order to cover the 50 meters stretch

We bought tplink routers to get the job done and it worked fine. We just add another router on the roofdeck to boost wifi signal so they could sing their hearts out via youtube karaoke videos

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ano ma sassuggest niyo. Yung wimax ng globe ko di umaabot sa kabilaw kwarto ng bahay namin. Siguro nasa 20 meters ung layo ng kwarto from the place kung saan nkalagay yung wimax. Kahit sa baba at rooftpp namin hindi abot. Tama ba na bumili ako ng routrr para i extend ung signal?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Ano ma sassuggest niyo. Yung wimax ng globe ko di umaabot sa kabilaw kwarto ng bahay namin. Siguro nasa 20 meters ung layo ng kwarto from the place kung saan nkalagay yung wimax. Kahit sa baba at rooftpp namin hindi abot. Tama ba na bumili ako ng routrr para i extend ung signal?
    you need access point/repeater lang..you dont need router

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tama ba na bumili ako ng routrr para i extend ung signal?
    Tama, a wireless router. Ikabit mo by cable(CAT5E) sa wimax modem (LAN port). I pwesto mo yung wireless router sa area na gusto mong magka wifi.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Tama, a wireless router. Ikabit mo by cable(CAT5E) sa wimax modem (LAN port). I pwesto mo yung wireless router sa area na gusto mong magka wifi.
    Okay bro salamat. Meron ako kasi Cisco na router na dala ng pinsan ko na pauwi pa lang galing tate

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Wifi routers typically have 5 connectors, 4 for the LAN & 1 for the WAN. If you already have an existing wifi router then all you need is an access point to extend wifi signals where you need it. The only downside with access points is that it has only 1 LAN port. If you dont need the extra ethernet ports then APs is just right for you

If you have a router due to arrive from the states then just utilize it. If it has WDS functionality then you dont need to lay down ethernet cable 20m long. Otherwise youll have no choice but to connect 2 routers via ethernet cable

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    WDS-repeater is also an option but take note, WDS-repeater is "not industry standard". Meaning, it may not work with two or more routers/APs of different manufacturers/brands.

Another downside of the repeating AP is that it will cut your connection speed by half.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast