New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What Is The Best Internet Security Suite?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Symantec Norton Internet Security

6 26.09%
  • McAfee Internet Security Suite

1 4.35%
  • Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security

2 8.70%
  • Zone Labs ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

4 17.39%
  • Microsoft Windows Live OneCare

0 0%
  • Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security

0 0%
  • BitDefender 9 Internet Security

2 8.70%
  • F-Secure Internet Security 2006

1 4.35%
  • Other

7 30.43%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Have been using McAfee for both office and home for the past several years, walang problem naman.

Lately, have switched to Mac for home use, no internet security software installed. Kahit online 24x7, walang problem.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been using Avast for a few years already. And recently, I transferred some files from my PC using a flashdrive to another computer with a different antivirus, Norton yata, and several viruses/malwares were detected. Nakalusot sa Avast!?! And just tonight, I tried Trend Micro's online virus scan, and it also detected several trojans/malwares. It's been more than 2hrs already, hindi pa tapos mag-scan.

In tandem with Avast, I also use ZoneAlarm and AdAware, all freewares.

The reason why I tried to use Trend Micro's online virus scan is because lately, ZoneAlarm is always reporting that RealNetwork is trying to connect to the internet using filesnames temp0.exe, temp1.exe, etc. So I suspected there was a malware/spyware in my PC.

I'm now thinking of purchasing a better commercial Antivirus. Is NOD32 really that good?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    talaga po sir? avast user din po kasi ako and kala ko ok na toh... seems like i have to change my anti virus.

sa mga tech experts, ano po marerecomend for a clean pc?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just thankful I've switched over to Ubuntu. My XP's antivirus /antispyware /firewall programs were getting ridiculously plenty. Yet would STILL catch them occasionally and would crash for other reasons besides!

Sana lang offices realize the value in this OS.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sir boybi, NOD32 is really good. been using it since last july and i've noticed that it's detected certain viruses which my other pcs using antivir and avg didn't detect. it's also very light on system resources and does updates several times a day. you hardly notice it's there. and yeah, it's recommended and used by microsoft so there ....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's been almost 2 weeks since I bought and installed ESET Smart Security and until today, according to its log, it didn't detect nor block any attacks with its firewall. It also did not find any viruses in my PC. How is this possible? When I was using ZoneAlarm (the free version), it had registered a few thousand attacks in the last 2 yrs!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vanqrvr View Post
    kaspersky gamit ko ngayon ang hirap pala, hinaharang niya ang mga sites, ang mga downloads, pagbukas ko sa messenger hinarang din, maganda sana norton ang laki naman ng space na kinakain...
    Overkill yang Kaspersky. Better use the combination of AVG Prof 8.0 and Spybot, you'll never go wrong.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    nod32 gives the best security for me

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i'm using Windows Vista with kaspersky 7.0

masasabi ko lang lakas ng detection compared sa dati ko gamit na norton 2008. sobrang dami alert na nakakainis (in training mode) pero after ng training mode ok na.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
What Is The Best Internet Security Suite?