New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Here's a skinny for those on the fence. Apple is kind enough to guide migrants towards the adoption of coolness - the snow leopard kind:

http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll bet the TS is getting more confused hehehe,

if you want Mac, go ahead and buy it, Mac is good, but if you really don't have any major use for your Mac aside from internet browsing and some simple stuff, then in my opinion, better think it over carefully.

I too, want to have Mac, pero siguro kapag marunong na ako ng FCP.

If you really want Mac, go ahead, it's your money, no point on getting a high end PC tapos kapag makakakita ka ng Mac eh nagsisisi ka dahil hindi ka bumili ng Mac.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Boot Camp is king It's as simple as running the software, inserting your Windows CD/DVD, then following instructions.

Right now though, I'd hold out until I've really checked out Windows 7. But that's just me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VM Fusionware = WIN

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Not as techy as you guys but we have 2 Mac's(Mac book and iMac) at home and it gets the job done for most of what we need it for. We use Neo Office for anything MS Office would be used for and just save it as a MS compatible file if it needs to be used outside the home, my 12 year old is very good at using it already for her school work. For Photoshop stuff we use Gimp and again my 12 year old has become quite good at using it also. Of course I don't use my Mac for gaming because I save that for my PS console.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Boot Camp is king It's as simple as running the software, inserting your Windows CD/DVD, then following instructions.

Right now though, I'd hold out until I've really checked out Windows 7. But that's just me.
    boot camp is no longer an option now that you can run any OS inside OS X without restarting your computer using virtualization tools.

virtualBox from Sun is free. virtualbox also has a Linux and Windows version.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Disadvantage ng Mac is relatively lesser options if you are into gaming.

Advantage is walang virus ang Mac, hence, no need for anti-virus programs which means less memory usage.

bro, afaik, may virus din ang mac os. hindi nga lang ganung ka prevalent compared to ms based machines.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12537279/
    http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/ne...acosxleap.html

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah actually Apple likes to say that Mac has no viruses but that is not true at all. Macs do have viruses but viruses that are made for Windows of course won't work with a Mac. Virus makers of course will target Windows because they can cause more destruction that way. Who is crazy enough to target just 3% of the market when you can target 80% of the market right?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you don't do much pc gaming then the Mac becomes a very good alternative. The iWorks suite is an excellent set of apps for everyday users. If you need MS Office there's MS Office 2008 for Mac. Otherwise, there's a good selection of opensource and commercial software plus even some games, a lot more games than some people might think.

We use our Mac Minis mainly for surfing the web or doing very light work. I still do most of my video-editing and flight-simming on the pc.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Talking about games, EA committed to launch their popular titles for Apple. Other game developers are just waiting for a cue.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Swaying from PC to Mac...