New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Window type is more energy efficient and easier to maintain. Window type has 1 motor cooling the condenser and blowing the evap. Split has 2 separate motors, long plumbing, cleaning is a pig.
    ^ Korekek! :thumbup:

i'll take the INVERTER types.
    window type: if the other side of the wall is "open" and still within the property line. very easy to install.
    clean and maintain.

split type: ONLY if it's a "closed" room. if there's no way to create an opening or the unit will go outside
    the property line (ie. rooms between rooms / firewalls).

SPLIT TYPE INVERTER AIRCONDITIONERS:
    PROS: really very energy efficent, silent, and very good looking. malinis talagang tingnan lalo na kung
    ang makikita mo lang sa wall eh 'yung "blower" lang (not sure what they call it, but i think that's
    the Fan Coil Unit (FCU)). kung maayos talaga ang pagkakagawa, very too much like like talaga the looks :slurp: .

CONS: expensive, the unit and installation labors and materials. and if you really want a very good looking,
    clean looking installation... p00tr*#$%^&* talaga!!!
    wall chipping, concreting, piping (drain line), conduiting (electricals), carpentry (walls / ceiling),
    repainting / finishing. ang daming kalat! grabeee!!! now that's what you call a "dirty job" .
    pero kung under construction pa 'yung bahay, pwede nang isabay sa rough- in works.
    belive me, mabu- buwisit ka lang araw- araw kapag nakikita mo 'yung mga conduiting / piping.
    mabuti nang gastusan mo na ang pagpapa- gawa. :cool:

Is inverter air con better than normal air con?
    In theory, the inverter air con is more efficient in energy saving and temperature control. It's compressor motor is driven by direct current ( thereby a current inverter is installed in this air con) and its speed is variable. The compressor regulates the temperature by speeding up or slowing down the rpm of the compressor, just like a car engine in the highway. When the desired room temperature is reached, the compressor motor will run at a constant medium speed, just like a car on cruise control.

The normal air con regulates temperature by turning the compressor on and off. This start up process consumes 3times more electricity and the room temperature will also go warm to cool by about + or - 4 degrees during these process.
    Is inverter air con better than normal air con

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Im looking at 13.5EER na 1.5hp at 35k ok na ba yun?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yup okies na EER 13.5 para sakin. may nahanap ka na ba kung anong brand & model? planning to buy din sana. TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yup okies na EER 13.5 para sakin. may nahanap ka na ba kung anong brand & model? planning to buy din sana. TIA

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Also in the market for 2 x 2.5hp inverter split type aircon and the cheapest i can see is the sanyo brand. Anybody here has the experience of using this brand? Your input is appreciated.
    Other aircon brands in my house are panasonic and carrier, all are inverter types but i'm not really minding their consumption as i know these are more thrifty than conventional units.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I have Koppel 1.5 HP inverter split type. One year of everyday use, ok naman.

My friend has Kolin also inverter split. Ok rin naman. No issues.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    By the way, I also have Daikin.?it is supposed to be a good brand. But I already encountered a problem with not cooling. I suppose it was a fault in installation, not with the unit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pinaka matibay yang daikin. Yep if installer is abnoy kahit anong ganda ng ac wala din

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Sakin LG na 2hp nasa 14-15 ata EER..3 years na so far sobrang lamig nya nasa 24 degrees lang settings ko lamig sobra e para sa 3x4x2.5 meter na room.. Twice a year ako nagpapalinis around 500 pesos per linis..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Split type for Big rooms
    Window type for small rooms

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    From my observation, only Hitachi uses full inverter (DC) both for the scroll-type compressor and fan-blower motor resulting to highest EER. With Kolin and Carrier, only the compressor uses the inverter, fan motor is still same AC driven capacitor start.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast