New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the one reason i'd use a split type, is because i have no window.
    hassle ang split type maintenance and cleaning..
    our office has both.. the window type gets visited less often by the repairmen.

perhaps the reason window types appear to break down more often, might be because more hands get to manipulate them more often..
    Sorry to nitpick...

Technically, you don't need a window to use a window-type A/C.

It's called "window-type" because of the way it punches a hole through your wall... like a window... to the outside.

The only time a window-type A/C can't be used is if none of the walls of the room is a perimeter wall. (ie. A room within a room that has none of the walls exposed to the outside).
    Last edited by oj88; February 22nd, 2015 at 12:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    thanks guys to all your inputs. okies will consider split type inverter but what brand would you recommend? a/c usage is 5 to 7hrs a day 24/7.

tested ko na ang panasonic window type not only sa durability of the compressor but also higher EER compared to competitors. panasonic din nga ang TV & ref na binili ko pero bihira ata akong makakita ng panasonic split type instead mitsubishi, hitachi, LG etc... any reasons? is panasonic slip type a/c too expensive & below EER rating?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thanks guys to all your inputs. okies will consider split type inverter but what brand would you recommend? a/c usage is 5 to 7hrs a day 24/7.

tested ko na ang panasonic window type not only sa durability of the compressor but also higher EER compared to competitors. panasonic din nga ang TV & ref na binili ko pero bihira ata akong makakita ng panasonic split type instead mitsubishi, hitachi, LG etc... any reasons? is panasonic slip type a/c too expensive & below EER rating?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Panasonic ang sa amin. Satisfied ako sa performance. 2010 pa. Its that or daiken for me. Both are expensive

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    In our house, Mitsubishi na inverter split type ang gamit namin and were very happy with it. Just be aware na 2 klase ang split type ng Mitsubishi, yung isa made in Japan yung motor pero Thailand yung mismong labasan ng hangin (don't know what its called), the other one naman is the opposite, we got the former since mas importante naman yung motor. Saka keep in mind kelangan maayos yung pagkakabit ng drain tube or else tutulo yan sa room, yung amin sablay yung pagkakabit ng drain tube kaya it needs to be serviced every 3 months, masyadong malaking trabaho kasi if we rectify it, ayaw na namin mag patibag ng wall. Ours has been with us for 3 years and all is good except nga dun sa sablay na ginawa nung installer.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Sorry to nitpick...

Technically, you don't need a window to use a window-type A/C.

It's called "window-type" because of the way it punches a hole through your wall... like a window... to the outside.

The only time a window-type A/C can't be used is if none of the walls of the room is a perimeter wall. (ie. A room within a room that has none of the walls exposed to the outside).
    nits... nits...
    but i get your drift..
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 22nd, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the IDEC inverter type for 21k only. 1 year na, sulit talaga. 24deg palagi for 8 hrs, 1700 lang bill ko, sama lahat, tv ref fan at ilang small appl pa

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bro, im using both type sa condo. Pros of the split type - no noise, efficient cooling system, less power consumption. Cons - more pricey and needs maintenance oftentimes and hassle pag tumulo na. Lagay ng balde agad. Window type ay maingay pero parang maintenance free battery - kabit and forget. Cons - opposite of the pros you find in split type. Either type you need to clean the filters regularly. Whatever your decision is, get the inverter series if you have the budget but be warry of the stability of the power supply. Constant brown out affects the IC and may toast your electronic board - which is the most expensive part in an inverter. Good luck and let me know which one you purchased. Malapit na rin ako magpalit.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    35k-40k for 1hp
    sm i think still sells them or you can message e-reply (vic) of pinoydvd.com

35k-40k for 1hp
    sm i think still sells them or you can message e-reply (vic) of pinoydvd.com
    Thanks for the info. It's more expensive than the split inverter pala. I will check how it compares with the inverter with regards to installation & such. Is Hitachi any good? Sa split inv. kasi, the best according to sales people is Carrier which specializes in A/C, but more expensive.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Split type is nice when new, when it starts leaking then you'll wish you got a window type. Cleaning is also more expensive and a major hassle. The advantage of being silent is appreciated only if you live in an area far from noise or your house is built with sound proof walls and windows.

Window type is cheaper, easier to clean and easier to replace. When the time comes, it will only take less than a day to replace it. Another advantage of split type is if you have several units in your house, you can swap them. Useful when the main unit breaks down.

Split type is nice when new, when it starts leaking then you'll wish you got a window type. Cleaning is also more expensive and a major hassle. The advantage of being silent is appreciated only if you live in an area far from noise or your house is built with sound proof walls and windows.

Window type is cheaper, easier to clean and easier to replace. When the time comes, it will only take less than a day to replace it. Another advantage of split type is if you have several units in your house, you can swap them. Useful when the main unit breaks down.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Thanks for the info. It's more expensive than the split inverter pala. I will check how it compares with the inverter with regards to installation & such. Is Hitachi any good? Sa split inv. kasi, the best according to sales people is Carrier which specializes in A/C, but more expensive.
    you can't go wrong with Hitachi bro. Yung last batch ng Sanyo maganda din mas mabilis magpalamig kesa sa Hitachi ng utol ko pero ngayon recommended ng aircon tech ko Electrolux

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    you can't go wrong with Hitachi bro. Yung last batch ng Sanyo maganda din mas mabilis magpalamig kesa sa Hitachi ng utol ko pero ngayon recommended ng aircon tech ko Electrolux

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast