New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 163 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    OT:

I just would like to ask based on your own experienced and knowledge with regards to which is more efficient to install. A split-type aircon or a centralized aircon (chilled water)? This is for an approximately 3,000 sq. mtr. floor area. More efficient in terms of lower electricity consumption and maintenance cost on aircon. TIA.
    Centralized airconditioning.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papabol View Post
    how about SANYO brand? dito kasi sa amin (isabela) nirrecommend nila yung SANYO kasi daw maganda at warranty at madamai pyesa? balita ko nabili na ng PANASONIC ang SANYO.
    I have 4 Sanyo 3 TR units in my store, purchased brand new and installed in 2009 . I do not recommend them. Sakit sa ulo. Malimit may problems. If I can do it again, I'll go with Carrier or Panasonic.

Tip: look at the EER and the rated wattage of the aircon. If you will run the aircon 8 hours a day everyday, buy inverter type with the highest electrical savings.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    OT:

I just would like to ask based on your own experienced and knowledge with regards to which is more efficient to install. A split-type aircon or a centralized aircon (chilled water)? This is for an approximately 3,000 sq. mtr. floor area. More efficient in terms of lower electricity consumption and maintenance cost on aircon. TIA.
    Answer: it depends. If you need to cool the whole 3000 sqm area at the same time like a hallway or ballroom then go with centralized. If your area is divided into small rooms like offices which are used at different times then you may consider split types.

Take into consideration that for a centralized unit, you will need ducting and air handling units and/or fan coil units. This will add a lot to your installation cost. A chilled water unit will also need a cooling tower, chilled water pipes, water pumps, motors and chemical treatment. Have your designed run a projection how much it will cost to buy and install all of the items and how much to run and operate it.

For 3000 sqm you will need about 150 TR. You may want to look into aircooled chillers. They cost a little more to run than water cooled chillers but dont need cooling towers so its a trade off. Your designer should be able to compute and give you its pros and cons.

For split type units, you get flexibility since you can rn only what you need. No need to operate a big chiller when you dont need to cool the entire area. Trade off is you will have a lot of condensers and a lots of units to maintain.

As always, dont just look at the initial cost but also take a loooong look at operating and maintenance costs. The initial cost is a sunk cost but the operating and maintenance will be with you forever. Well as long s you use it.

There are high efficency chillers available. Like inverters, they cost more initially but youget a ROI after some time. There is also a system that is similar to a multi inverter system (forgot what its called). Basically, its like a big split type inverter with multiple indoor units.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Answer: it depends. If you need to cool the whole 3000 sqm area at the same time like a hallway or ballroom then go with centralized. If your area is divided into small rooms like offices which are used at different times then you may consider split types.

Take into consideration that for a centralized unit, you will need ducting and air handling units and/or fan coil units. This will add a lot to your installation cost. A chilled water unit will also need a cooling tower, chilled water pipes, water pumps, motors and chemical treatment. Have your designed run a projection how much it will cost to buy and install all of the items and how much to run and operate it.

For 3000 sqm you will need about 150 TR. You may want to look into aircooled chillers. They cost a little more to run than water cooled chillers but dont need cooling towers so its a trade off. Your designer should be able to compute and give you its pros and cons.

For split type units, you get flexibility since you can rn only what you need. No need to operate a big chiller when you dont need to cool the entire area. Trade off is you will have a lot of condensers and a lots of units to maintain.

As always, dont just look at the initial cost but also take a loooong look at operating and maintenance costs. The initial cost is a sunk cost but the operating and maintenance will be with you forever. Well as long s you use it.

There are high efficency chillers available. Like inverters, they cost more initially but youget a ROI after some time. There is also a system that is similar to a multi inverter system (forgot what its called). Basically, its like a big split type inverter with multiple indoor units.

Wow, so many things to consider. Thanks for your insights bro. Actually I have already talk with some aircon contractors/suppliers about this and the initial costing for using a centralized aircon is indeed very high and you need a lot of space for the chillers, ahu, cooling tower etc. It will consume some of your floor area. I'm now leaning towards split-type A/C.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    With the recent price inc in electricity, I suggest you get inverter units or VRF.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    guys, ano experience nyo sa LG at Samsung?

which would be a better brand for split type inverter? or strongly recommended talaga and panasonic?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CDD View Post
    guys, ano experience nyo sa LG at Samsung?

which would be a better brand for split type inverter? or strongly recommended talaga and panasonic?
    9 years ng LG ko di pa naman nasisira at malamig pa rin twice a year ko lang pinapalinis. May mga problematic "daw" na samsung di ko lang alam kung totoo dahil di naman kami bumibili ng Samsung product

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So far ok naman ang samsung inverters sa office ng kapatid ko. Malamig and matipid sa kuryente.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung everest na split type ok din kaya?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pareho ba inverter yun carrier i-power and xpower series? alin ang mas ok sa dalawa?thanks

Split Type Aircon: Which is best?