New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1625
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nagrerepair ng motherboard. The tech that installed the unit said to just give them a call. Even my relative who gave me a high price said all motherboards can be repaired.

Sirain ang samsung? My mom's old ref was a 18 cu. ft no frost samsung, bought in 2000, given away to my cousin in 2018 with nothing wrong with it, then my cousin sold it this year and it was still working as good as the day my mom bought it 20 years ago.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just a thought - does having one appliance lasting many years make the brand "matibay" and conversely, having one appliance conk out prematurely make it not matibay?

It feels so anecdotal and there will always be bad eggs in any brand/model. Pag mataas failure rate as a percentage of a large sample size, yun lang yung talagang definitive na lemon talaga - like Ford's DCT. But even then, does not mean that all Fords are bad, because Mustangs are pretty well-built cars.

So typically I put more weight to people who deal with hundreds of appliances as opposed to paisa isa lang. Which is why I went for Daikin for my aircon - my contractor has installed countless Daikins for his clients with no issues so far. Si travs na contractor din, highly recommended. Then it's the second largest aircon manufacturer (next to Carrier, which has an advantage because they also sell a lot of window-types), so that counts for something too. And on the flipside naman, as mentioned previously, a friend who deals with appliances every day and even works for Samsung doesn't recommend it so I crossed it off my list even if it's relatively cheaper than Daikin or Panasonic. But even amomg these professionals who deal with lots of appliances may kanya kanya ding favorite - wala namang purely objective measure talaga of failure rates across models and brands across the world.

At the end of the day, to each his own of course - everyone has a different decision tree and criteria when buying appliances. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; September 12th, 2020 at 11:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just a thought - does having one appliance lasting many years make the brand "matibay" and conversely, having one appliance conk out prematurely make it not matibay?

It feels so anecdotal and there will always be bad eggs in any brand/model. Pag mataas failure rate as a percentage of a large sample size, yun lang yung talagang definitive na lemon talaga - like Ford's DCT. But even then, does not mean that all Fords are bad, because Mustangs are pretty well-built cars.

So typically I put more weight to people who deal with hundreds of appliances as opposed to paisa isa lang. Which is why I went for Daikin for my aircon - my contractor has installed countless Daikins for his clients with no issues so far. Si travs na contractor din, highly recommended. Then it's the second largest aircon manufacturer (next to Carrier, which has an advantage because they also sell a lot of window-types), so that counts for something too. And on the flipside naman, as mentioned previously, a friend who deals with appliances every day and even works for Samsung doesn't recommend it so I crossed it off my list even if it's relatively cheaper than Daikin or Panasonic. But even amomg these professionals who deal with lots of appliances may kanya kanya ding favorite - wala namang purely objective measure talaga of failure rates across models and brands across the world.

At the end of the day, to each his own of course - everyone has a different decision tree and criteria when buying appliances. [emoji846]

Im impressed your dmci unit has a provision for split type bro. I had to make butas sa wood cover ko kasi puro window type lang. Pangit tuloy tingnan so pinalagyan ko na lang ng panel. But still walang provision for the living room.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Im impressed your dmci unit has a provision for split type bro. I had to make butas sa wood cover ko kasi puro window type lang. Pangit tuloy tingnan so pinalagyan ko na lang ng panel. But still walang provision for the living room.

Pinagawa ko lang din bro. Living room aircon has pipes running through the wall tapos ginawan lang ng panel to cover.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pinagawa ko lang din bro. Living room aircon has pipes running through the wall tapos ginawan lang ng panel to cover.

I see. 2BR ka ba? So lahat ng external units mo nasa balcony?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I see. 2BR ka ba? So lahat ng external units mo nasa balcony?

Yes 2BR. Kabilaan yung compressors ko on opposite ends of the balcony.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes 2BR. Kabilaan yung compressors ko on opposite ends of the balcony.

Nice. I installed the split type for the main BR and window type for the 2nd BR. I'm thinking if DMCI will allow us to remove the metal bracket at the balcony. Muntik nang tumama ung ulo ko nyan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nice. I installed the split type for the main BR and window type for the 2nd BR. I'm thinking if DMCI will allow us to remove the metal bracket at the balcony. Muntik nang tumama ung ulo ko nyan.

No di sila papayag. Yung akin nandun pa rin yung bracket for the window type even if I'm not using it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Luckily found an AC shop nearby that can also repair inverter boards. Tech is a certified ME who works for ARAMCO but got stuck here due to COVID.

Had my Panasonic 1hp window type non-inverter cleaned and it's a pain in the butt to disassemble. Taking out the fan cover requires moving some thin freon lines out of the way. Removing the control box requires pulling out the leads from the capacitor. Carriers are more cleaning-friendly.
    Last edited by JohnM; October 7th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Luckily found an AC shop nearby that can also repair inverter boards. Tech is a certified ME who works for ARAMCO but got stuck here due to COVID.

Had my Panasonic 1hp window type non-inverter cleaned and it's a pain in the butt to disassemble. Taking out the fan cover requires moving some thin freon lines out of the way. Removing the control box requires pulling out the leads from the capacitor. Carriers are more cleaning-friendly.
    non inverter? Benta at a loss... mura naman mga inverter ngayon

Split Type Aircon: Which is best?