New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    br pete:...thanks bro..i only gave an estimate lang because..it's really hard to pin point the exact..coz you dont know which cellsite you are being served. as you have said, depends on the last location update. SMART ka noh..hehehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    simple car finder set-up:

leave an old celfone in your car with smart sim 2 card....have it registered sa WIS..viola! you have an instant car finder!

use your other celfone to locate your car anytime using WIS feature of smart...simple and low-cost car finder!!!

Try it!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sugoi_yats: eh..what if low bat na or no batt..you can't find it na.bhahhahah

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Well, if you are security-concious and responsible guy, you make sure to check the battery everyday, isnt?

Yun lang! Ahihihihi! Peace!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by McLeor
    ....Do you mean to say, that only my GF can activate her own Person finder (register her own SIM). And then, if she wants "me" to locate her, she will send another authorization to SMART by sending my name,SIM (fon #) and password of her choice....
    Hi McLeor,

Not necessarily ang GF mo lang makakapag-activate ng Person Finder (PF) nya. You can do also do the registration for her. You can also do the authorization process from her phone for you to track her. You can also set a password for her. Hmmmm.... do I smell something fishy?

....So if my own number is now authorized, I can locate her anytime, right?....
    Correct.

....If I do so (request from SMART her location), does she have to know it, I mean, will she receive first a text message informing that her "boyfriend" is trying to locate her (whom she had authorized previously) , and first ask her permision before SMART sends "me" the information of her exact location??? Sort of like waiting for the person's real time GO signal before I can locate her. Or was it, after the initial authorization of my # done by my GF, I can locate her anytime, without her knowledge??....
    She will not be notified via SMS thay you or someone is trying to locate her. However in any given time, she has a WAY to know whose the person/s been trying to locate her. ;) Do I smell something discreet act here again?...

....If I locate "her" 20x a day, will she ever know it that I am the one trying to track "her"?....
    Yes.

....Kase, I am wondering...this is a good idea for locating your loved ones (for security purpose, specially for kids and teeners etc), I am a globe user, GLOBE doesnt offer such LBS yet. I might switch to SMART if this balances privacy and security.......
    Okay naman pala ang intentions e. joke. = )

As I said before "Limitations are all depends on you.........Limitations in the sense your security and privacy is still intact because you still have the control whether TO KNOW OR NOT TO KNOW your whereabouts."

....By the way, If I go out of the country, and I am worried about my "GF" back home, can I still use the service? Can I track her down even if I am in the US?.......
    No. Both parties (you and your GF) must roaming in SMART Network.

By the way, Person Finder service of SMART already resolve several cases of kidnapping.

Br,
    Pete
    Last edited by silver_corolla; November 10th, 2004 at 02:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by sugoi_yats
    Well, if you are security-concious and responsible guy, you make sure to check the battery everyday, isnt?

Yun lang! Ahihihihi! Peace!
    I agree.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Smells fishy ba? hhahahaha

Kidding aside, I just want to know how it works kase baka naman medyo delikado eh, mawalan ng privacy, sabihin na natin na binaligtad ko lang, umiisip ako kung may palusot if in case hehehe

Sa CAR FINDER - - > Pwede ito gamitan ng old GSM phone with busted battery na di ba, and let it stay sa car mo using ala cigarette lighter adaptor for the celfone so you dont need to charge it, itago mo lang sa di masyado direct hit ng init. Kaya lang, it wont do the same function as yung mga Car Security talaga as in, dis-abling your engine etc.

Thanks Silver Crlla for the info....very informative

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by silver_corolla

No. Both parties (you and your GF) must roaming in SMART Network.

Pete, Exactly what I meant. For example, I am using a SMART (Philippines) and I had a business trip somewhere in the U.S. or lets say in Japan, I can still use a roaming SMART right, for voice and SMS. But I have noticed for GLOBE, I cant use some of the features like downloads etc when I am out of the country. Even texting for example yung mga votes sa starstucks eh di pwede (hehehe). So I am wondering if the Person Finder will work if I send WIS 288 (tama ba??) from other country.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ....Sa CAR FINDER - - > Pwede ito gamitan ng old GSM phone with busted battery na di ba, and let it stay sa car mo using ala cigarette lighter adaptor for the celfone so you dont need to charge it, itago mo lang sa di masyado direct hit ng init. Kaya lang, it wont do the same function as yung mga Car Security talaga as in, dis-abling your engine etc.

Thanks Silver Crlla for the info....very informative
    Hi McLeor,

Any GSM legacy or high end cellfones will do.

Br,
    Pete

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    .... I can still use a roaming SMART right, for voice and SMS....
    Hi McLeor,

It depends. If you're Postpaid, YES you can roam with your SMART SIM card and still can enjoy Voice and SMS. If you're Prepaid, ONLY SMS.

.... So I am wondering if the Person Finder will work if I send WIS 288 (tama ba??) from other country.
    Technically speaking.... Yes, you can track your friend here in the Philippines (while roaming in SMART network).

Br,
    Pete

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
SMART Locator/Finder