New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by McLeor
    Di kaya ito medyo mabigat na pag dating sa privacy nung tao, I mean kung nasa loob ka ng HAPPY Sauna eh huling huli ka ng commander mo....Dont you think that only the police should have access on this kind of services?....
    Hi McLeor,
    This service will not envade your privacy unless you authorized that person to locate you. A user of this Person Finder can locate another mobile phone only if that other subscriber grants him permission. This is enforced through the use of a registration process where a subscriber grants permission to other mobile numbers to locate him/her. A password system prevents unauthorized users from adding names to the list of people who can locate a particular mobile number.

....Ano ba ito, if I enroll my GF SIM, eh pwede na siya ma track ng kahit sino (i.e. ako, tatay niya, nanay niya, at yung ex BF niya??)
    Initially upon registration (WI ON send to 288) of your GF's SIM to Person Finder, she can only locate her own position. Nobody is authorized to track her even you, her family and friends and others. She needs to grant permission to track her by sending some keywords for authorization from her phone. e.g. WIS <name> <mobile number> <password> and send to 333.

Br,
    Pete

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by av8or5
    ....in the metro where their are lots and lots of cellsite, which can pinpoint a location to a radius of 500 feet.
    Hi av8or5,

Accuracy is 328 feet in radius and the landmark which appears on the notification is within the vicinity.

Br,
    Pete

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by happy_gilmore
    meron ba ang ordinary smart neto? (buddy, gold, infinity). ang alam ko pang smart kid lang to diba?
    Hi happy_gilmore,

All Smart mobile brands (gold, infinity, addict, buddy, tnt, amp, smart kid) can avail Person Finder Service.

Br,
    Pete

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Di kaya ito medyo mabigat na pag dating sa privacy nung tao, I mean kung nasa loob ka ng HAPPY Sauna eh huling huli ka ng commander mo....
    Eh? Aba, problema na yun ni mister kasi pinili niyang magloko eh, herherherher.

Will the locator still work if the cellphone being located is turned off or has no signal i.e. nasa basement ng isang building?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by Bogeyman
    ....Will the locator still work if the cellphone being located is turned off or has no signal i.e. nasa basement ng isang building?
    Hi Bogeyman,

No, the Person Finder service will tell you that the person you're trying to locate "is in an area with weak signals or the phone has been turned off and cannot be determined."

Br,
    Pete

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang cool nito. pero syempre may limitations kung sino pwede mag WIS (Where IS) sayo. almost accurate ang results, or the nearest landmark...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pete minsan accurate minsan layo eh. office namin sa may Julia Vargas sa Ortigas minsan tinest namin ang sinabi nasa Wack Wack golf course daw ako :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by CaRGirL
    ang cool nito. pero syempre may limitations kung sino pwede mag WIS (Where IS) sayo. almost accurate ang results, or the nearest landmark...
    Hi CaRGirL,

Limitations are all depends on you. Limitations in the sense that only the persons you know have the authority to locate you because in the first place you granted that person to do so. Limitations in the sense your security and privacy is still intact because you still have the control whether to know or not to know your whereabouts.

The more persons you authorized to locate you the more you exceeding your limitations.

By the way, in the end of the day you also have the right to know who are the persons trying to locate you. ;)

Br,
    Pete

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by frt
    Pete minsan accurate minsan layo eh. office namin sa may Julia Vargas sa Ortigas minsan tinest namin ang sinabi nasa Wack Wack golf course daw ako :D
    Hi frt,

Sometimes this will happen talaga normally simply because your coordinates is different from the last time you locate yourself. Actually the Person Finder service measuring your current position based on the cellsite with much better in terms of signal strength and power serving you. Nagkataon lang na iba ang nag-serve sayo on that time kaya iba ang ibinigay sayong location information. malamang ang ang nagserve sayong cellsite malapit sa Wack-Wack cellsite.

Br,
    Pete

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pete,

Medyo mahina kase IQ ko, so di ko pa din ma gets...Do you mean to say, that only my GF can activate her own Person finder (register her own SIM). And then, if she wants "me" to locate her, she will send another authorization to SMART by sending my name,SIM (fon #) and password of her choice...

So if my own number is now authorized, I can locate her anytime, right?

If I do so (request from SMART her location), does she have to know it, I mean, will she receive first a text message informing that her "boyfriend" is trying to locate her (whom she had authorized previously) , and first ask her permision before SMART sends "me" the information of her exact location??? Sort of like waiting for the person's real time GO signal before I can locate her.

Or was it, after the initial authorization of my # done by my GF, I can locate her anytime, without her knowledge??....

If I locate "her" 20x a day, will she ever know it that I am the one trying to track "her"?

Kase, I am wondering...this is a good idea for locating your loved ones (for security purpose, specially for kids and teeners etc), I am a globe user, GLOBE doesnt offer such LBS yet. I might switch to SMART if this balances privacy and security...

By the way, If I go out of the country, and I am worried about my "GF" back home, can I still use the service? Can I track her down even if I am in the US?

How much nga pala ang pag avail ng ganitong services?

Thanks

Mc

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
SMART Locator/Finder