New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    After awhile of researching..

I applied for the smartbro connection last saturday, I paid 1K for the installation and 999 for the 1 month connection, 1yr tied up ka with them.

They will be going to our house for the installation on thursday, sabi sa akin sa smart wireless center mas mabilis sana kung meron ako nung receiver na binibigay nila once na magbayad ako, pero out of stock in the taytay and the santa lucia mall, kaya thursday na ang pinaka mabilis na installation.

I hope na mabilis yung connection, kasi 3 of my colleagues are using smartbro and their feedback's are positive.

I hope everything goes well on thursday.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in fairness, pag dating sa connection, they are somewhat better than PLDT's DSL 999 plan...
    pero file transfer speed? parang dial-up lang during peak hours, well, from dawn to morning ko lang na experience yung broadband speed niya... siguro nga depends sa area...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag-apply ako last year for pldt-dsl...

ang kinabit, smart wifi dahil di daw dsl capable copper line sa bahay..

then around 2 weeks ago, na-surprise ako ng pldt, papalitan na daw smart wifi dsl ng landline based na dsl.. at ngn na daw ito for the same mo subscription amount.
    mas mabilis na nga...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I had my SmartBro installed in our place last week and so far it is doing okay. Speed is just 200kbps,- so it is still tolerable. Also had a Linksys WRT54G router intalled the day after, so we can use our PCs and laptop at the same time. Sharing the bandwidth nga lang.... So far, so good.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    im a smartwifi user. im currently using it right now. connection is better than our local ISP(batangas) right now its bandwidth test is at 258.8kbps but sometimes it flanctuates going down to 36.6kbps(seldom) dont know what the reason behind its flanctuation...the worst problem you can encounter is when your connection failed tech support is not the fast as their connection is, you maybe waiting for ages before they act on it. best is try to call them as often as you can if your connection failed. BTW mine is their lunching promo 788 per month...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Feedback from my smartbro experience

For the people planning to switch to smartbro, they just installed the wireless device today so far so good, connection speed is fast and based on the bandwidth test it's running the 300-354kbps.

so far im happy with their service, since the installers were professional and they were quick, they installed the device at the middle of the roof and pointed it to the nearest cellsite, we just had to cut the top branch of one of the pine trees since it's blocking the signal, true enough when the branch was cut the signal strength went up, they installed everything in an hour..

download speed was good, Im planning to play some online games maybe this weekend or the next to test the speed I hope I don't get dissapointed.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We have 2 Smart Bro subscriptions and I'm applying to be an agent/installer/service center of Smart for Smart Bro....

Nung sine-seminar kami, dun ko na-realize na 100% ng slow & disrupted connections ay dahil sa kapalpakan ng mga antenna installers.

Most of the problems could be resolved HAD:

1) the installer properly connected the antenna.... which means lahat nung nasa box package nung antenna ay GINAMIT ng installer.

2) the installer configuring the set-up of the Antenna chose the right Smart cellsite based on signal strength and minimal interference.

Maganda ang network ng Smart kasi multiple sites naman ang pwede pagkuhanan ng signal.... Choosing it though requires deeper analysis & evaluation.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Bantayan ang nagkakabit ng Antenna. Wag pumayag na nde makakuha ng magandang signal. Always check speed before signing or letting the installer leave the site.

Dapat mga 20-24 Kb/s minimum download rate mo when you download files from Limewire or Download.com. Kapag mas mababa jan, it means palpak pagkakakabit ng antenna.

Hope this helps...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I had my SmartBro installed in our place last week and so far it is doing okay. Speed is just 200kbps,- so it is still tolerable. Also had a Linksys WRT54G router intalled the day after, so we can use our PCs and laptop at the same time. Sharing the bandwidth nga lang.... So far, so good.
    Still on Globe speak n surf and they have improved their service so far. I pay P270 for 256kbs of connection speed and my Linksys router does the trick of letting me and my daughter go online at the same time. My neighbor is giving me 788kbps whenever I would go out and use my notebook in the terrace as her connection is unsecured . Just a quick question, is this bad in the sense that she can mess around with my pc? Btw I am also using a WRT54G and it serves me well. In fact, we just got one for the office this time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm a smartwifi/smartbro subscriber for more than 9 months already and hindi pa naman ako nagkaroon ng continuous interruption. 24/7 naka on ang PC ko and laging maxed out ang bandwidth usage ko sa kakadownload sa *******. i'm using DU Meter to monitor my connection and there was 1 time na umabot ng 1mbps yung connection ko for a few minutes.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    makaapply nga nito. meron daw sa taytay area eh! yey! Merong promo bilis kabit something... hmmm

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Smart Bro [Merged]