New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ok naman ang smart bro ng younger bro ko

hehe... you can easily share it via wifi router. my inlaws are just discovering the internet so minsan 4 na laptops+1 desktop kami sa house nila. hehehe.

I noticed that it asks for a password everytime the ethernet cable is physically removed/reattached.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hay, dahil sa maraming kapalpakan at maraming nagreklamo sa Smart Wifi they came up with Smart Bro! Napansin ko na lang ito nung nagchange connection ako tas pumunta ako sa portal ayun pinatungan yung WIfi ng BRO. What will they think of next??? I just hope SMART improves it's wireless broadband services. It is still powered by Meridien kaya don't expect any improvements with the service just yet.

https://portal.smartbro.net/

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i went to smart wireless last wednesday late morning sa sm north edsa carpark, sabi down daw portal nila so they can't check if i can avail of their service (oh, i'm in the visayas ave/t.sora area).

so they recommended i go to araneta mall in caloocan and maybe ok yung portal nila dun. so i went there thursday, down din! asar.

oh, and the parking sa araneta mall sucks big time, amfangit ng layout.

kakainis naman ayaw ata ako ipabroadband eh

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    down portal in two branches? Smart BRO

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    exactly. nababadtrip na nga ako eh. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm using smart wifi..for nearly P1,000 a month, its not bad. But it's not FAST as you expect. When i think broadband..i think of being able to game online without many problems. I only play 2 online games once in a while..but it seems i'm always lagging due to my slow connection. The connection during the day is so-so..at night it's faster. I expected more from this connection of mine. But, since there's no LAN line connections in our subdivision, its my only hope.

If you have a laptop, I really really suggest you inquire with Globe. They have this new wifi setup for the metro manila area. it's literally wireless unlike Smart Wifi..where they have ethernet wires connected from your reciever to the computer. Ne ways, Globe's Wifi seems to promise a lot, 25x faster than dialup and 4x faster than DSL. Globe's DSL is already fast...n multiplying that by 4 is extremely fast. Plus you can take youre laptop in your car...and check your email.

When my Wifi 1yr contract expires n if my area is able to use that wifi that they have for globe..im switching for sure.
    Last edited by KrisKros; May 15th, 2006 at 03:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa Smart Wifi/Smart Bro para kang naka-LAN dyan. Sa isang vicinity bibigyan kayo ng Smart ng Bandwidth. for example 20mbps binigay sa inyo sa Marikina yung 20mbps ngayon paghahatian ng buong marikina pag maraming gumagamit bumabagal pag konti lang gumagamit mabilis. Mas mabilis din connection mo kung nasa 1 km radius ka mula sa Tower/signal.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Smart WiFi/BRO, whatever they call it, sucks compared to an actual DSL line. It's cheaper than real DSL, but speeds are just a littel faster than 56k, and if there are too many subscribers in your area, it's just as slow.

My cousin and his buddy both have it, and they have to go out every now and then to check their antennas.

It's decent when it's up. Sucks when it's down.

RE: MERIDIAN ISSUE... they were taken over by Smart... PLDT? I guess it doesn't matter which. Ever since they were taken over, service has divebombed. I'm on Meridian right now (our school uses it exclusively) and service has been very bad these past few weeks since the takeover. We're actually giving them till June to shape up, or we're changing services.

Sayang, Meridian used to be quite decent, and freaking fast.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yung mga may reklamo sa PLDT DSL/SMART Bro post po kayo ng petition dito...
    BTW, Smart is owned by PLDT...

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?pldtdsl

ako nagpetition na. grabeng kawalanghiyaan na tong ginagawa ng SMART. gamit ko ngayon dial-up!!!

AS quoted in the complaint:

"As someone already mentioned, profit is the main fuel of companies, actually that is why their people ventured into entrepreneurship at the first place. It is sad that there exist companies (on this petition's case, a fairly large on in our country) with an absurd balance between customer satisfaction and their big fat income statement."

Haaay buhay...

Please, please, please, Spread this Petition kung may problema kayo sa smart or Pldt broadband services. minsan namumula na ko sa galit. critical kasi ang internet connection ko in my work...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ito na sana ang sagot sa kapalpakan ng Smart/PLDT:
    http://news.inq7.net/breaking/index....story_id=76851

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Smart Bro [Merged]