New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Di ba ang function ng print server is just to make a printer network capable? One of the printer already has an ethernet port, so I think I won't need a print server anymore. The other one, (the one that is in the office) is just beside the computer so it is plugged in using usb.
    in this case bro, plug in the printer directly into the hub, and connect the PC in which the other printer is connected to the hub. magkikita na yan.
    make sure same IP address and subnet range lang sila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    if that's the case... setup the printer that is connected to ethernet muna.. kapag makapag print ka na.. it will just be a matter of the user sending a print job to the locally connected printer and another print job to the remote printer....

if what you have in mind is yung parang sa restaurant setup na as soon as the order is keyed in in the POS, a print out is generated sa bar (for the drinks) and another one sa kitchen (for the main course), etc... i think may software pa na tumatakbo somewhere (most likely in the server) that automatically does that... but that is done automatically because it is designed and setup to work that way.... within the POS system na yun ng restaurant.... naka configure na that way...
    Yan nga ang need ko. With just one command from the PC, the 2 printers will make the same printout.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    in this case bro, plug in the printer directly into the hub, and connect the PC in which the other printer is connected to the hub. magkikita na yan.
    make sure same IP address and subnet range lang sila.
    I can already print to both printers.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

Yan nga ang need ko. With just one command from the PC, the 2 printers will make the same printout.
    Iisa a document / layout ng print job pero 2 printers ang destination? From what application ba ang nag generate ng printout / report?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From Quickbooks. One document/print job, 2 printers.
    Signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Printing to 2 networked printers simultaneously