New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is this possible? My OS is Win7.

Btw, the 2 printers won't be of the same type. One will be an Epson LX300 dot matrix printer, and the other would either be a laser or inkjet printer.
    Last edited by boybi; February 12th, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Is this possible? My OS is Win7.

Btw, the 2 printers won't be of the same type. One will be an Epson LX300 dot matrix printer, and the other would either be a laser or inkjet printer.
    I have two printers connected to a networked PC. The PC acts as a print server. I can print to either printers so they can print their own jobs. There are times when I have lots of documents to print so I send half to one printer and half to the other printer.

My config uses EPSON L100 and EPSON L110 printers but I could use any printer that is compatible to the OS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, dapat may PC na naka assign as print server since sya ang mag queue neto.

i'm using a brother laserjet and an epson something (forgot the model). can print documents simultaneously.

the setup:

the two printers are connected to the PC via USB
    the PC connects via LAN sa wifi router
    laptop connects via LAN via wifi router.
    the printers are installed sa PC.
    the printers are installed as network printers sa mga laptops.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have two printers connected to a networked PC. The PC acts as a print server. I can print to either printers so they can print their own jobs. There are times when I have lots of documents to print so I send half to one printer and half to the other printer.

My config uses EPSON L100 and EPSON L110 printers but I could use any printer that is compatible to the OS.
    I will need the 2 printers to print simultaneously and with the same print job. One printer will be inside the office and the other one is in the warehouse. I don't think a usb cable can reach that far so I'll use network cable.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I will need the 2 printers to print simultaneously and with the same print job. One printer will be inside the office and the other one is in the warehouse. I don't think a usb cable can reach that far so I'll use network cable.
    Windows has a built in feature called printer pooling. But you need to have the same printer model.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Roden Villegas View Post
    Windows has a built in feature called printer pooling. But you need to have the same printer model.
    Unfortunately, I can't use the same printer model for the 2 printers.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Another way to deal with this is getting print servers. They connect to the Router directly.

Printer->Print server->Router.

so you won't need a PC anymore.

you can also buy Routers with USB for this purpose like Belkin AC1200, Asus N66U, TPLink 4900 etc

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Unfortunately, I can't use the same printer model for the 2 printers.

was able to setup this way before (I think ganyan pa rin setup now sa office namin):
    1. TP Link USB Print Server - this is connected sa network mo (one end) the other is USB connected to your printer
    2. The software included with the TPLink USB Print Server will set it up so that your Windows PC can send print jobs (but spooling from that PC) to the USB Print Server...

so all you have to do is to send the appropriate print jobs to each printer...

yung TPLink na USB Print Server at that time only has 1 USB port.. so kung 2 printers yan.. you'll have to get 2 of those... 1 for each...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Another way to deal with this is getting print servers. They connect to the Router directly.

Printer->Print server->Router.

so you won't need a PC anymore.

you can also buy Routers with USB for this purpose like Belkin AC1200, Asus N66U, TPLink 4900 etc
    Di ba ang function ng print server is just to make a printer network capable? One of the printer already has an ethernet port, so I think I won't need a print server anymore. The other one, (the one that is in the office) is just beside the computer so it is plugged in using usb.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Di ba ang function ng print server is just to make a printer network capable? One of the printer already has an ethernet port, so I think I won't need a print server anymore. The other one, (the one that is in the office) is just beside the computer so it is plugged in using usb.

if that's the case... setup the printer that is connected to ethernet muna.. kapag makapag print ka na.. it will just be a matter of the user sending a print job to the locally connected printer and another print job to the remote printer....

if what you have in mind is yung parang sa restaurant setup na as soon as the order is keyed in in the POS, a print out is generated sa bar (for the drinks) and another one sa kitchen (for the main course), etc... i think may software pa na tumatakbo somewhere (most likely in the server) that automatically does that... but that is done automatically because it is designed and setup to work that way.... within the POS system na yun ng restaurant.... naka configure na that way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Printing to 2 networked printers simultaneously