New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm planning to buy a new inkjet printer. However, masyadong mahal ang ink, some costs almost 1,000 pesos for black ink alone and only for around 250 prints....it appears that the costs of the printer is cheap but its use is expensive....Now, I saw some stalls in the mall selling CIS and it appears that while I may invest in the conversion kit, but in the end, I will reap its benefits with the cost of the ink....

my questions are:

1. How is the quality of the prints?
    2. What printer brand and model will be cost effective?
    3. How much per page will the cost turn out?

By the way, I will not use it for business but only for home use, projects of my kids, or maybe printing for my work done at home (but only when really necessary as I have a laser printer in the office()...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung konti ang print volume mo... maaaring makamura ka nga sa investment ng cis.. but baka di mo rin mabawi yung additional investment na iyon... there is a break even point somewhere....

sa cis systems naman, usually matatali ka sa epson... there are a lot of cis systems out there... ingat lang sa pagpili... pati na rin ng printer....

pinaka sulit na proposition is buy the entry level printer then convert to cis... worst case kahit masira agad yung printer, d ganun kasakit... but low end printers tend to be slow...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung cannon and epson.. you can buy cheap inks at CD-R KING.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think we are using Canon with an Ink-Rite CIS. Malapit lang kasi ang shop ng Ink-Rite sa UST (along Aurora Blvd siya).

Ok pa naman siya. Almost 2 years na, i think?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our office is using Canon IP1880 with CIS.

Downside, color cartridge can suddenly fail requiring a replacement (new cartridge) to get working again. Aside from that, it works pretty well.

Color quality is a little off with the reds as compared to original (side by side).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, one of our cartrige failed na nga pala. It was a Php650 repair at their head office/shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, one of our cartrige failed na nga pala. It was a Php650 repair at their head office/shop.
    With our Canon, just buy a new cartridge and have the CIS shop install the new cartridge.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Consider a CIS if you have high printing volumes and you are printing daily. Otherwise just stick to the replacement inks.

Epson is a more CIS-friendly brand with the most availability of ink-compatible cartridges at CDR King.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Th problem with Epson printers is if the inkjet nozzle head is clogged, you need to have it replaced (or replace the entire printer given it's cheap).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Any recommended printers that are compatible with CISS or affordable na ink?

1. Epson
    2. HP
    3. Canon

hindi ko alam kung ano mas ok....

meron ako nakita yong epson na CISS na right out of the box.... hindi ko lang sure ang quality

HP - ink advantage na printer mukhang ok, ang pangit sa kanya ang colored niya ay tri-color, so pag ubos na Yellow sira na print....

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Printer and CIS (Continuous Ink System)