New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    What would you recommend with a 30k to 40k budget? beginners set with provision to upgrade..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    The cheapest entry level Nikon or Canon DSLR is good enough for a beginner. Use your extra money to buy lenses later when you have learned the basics.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    It will depend kung saan ka mas comfortable. Also kung may mga friends ka na into photography din, tignan mo kung ano ang majority na gamit nila para pwede kang makahiram ng gamit sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Canon and Nikon DSLRs are good. Both brand's entry level models are recommended by fans. It's more of a personal preference so it is also recommended to buyers to go to the shop and handle/test out the cameras for yourself.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    laking difference nang presyo sa malls and sa henry's sa quiapo..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My personal recommendation is that, don't get the absolute-beginner-entry-level DSLR. IMO, they're probably great gift items but If you're heading up a path to do slightly more serious photography, get something that can offer you a bit more legroom.

I personally use Canon so I can only relate to this brand, I would recommend at least a 650D over the 1000D/1100D. If you can cough up a bit more dough, a 60D would be even better.

Apart from the image sensor, the lens is probably one of the most important component that will have a dramatic effect on picture quality. Get a DSLR body that you're comfortable with (both in features and budget) and stick to it. You can do wonders even with just the kit lens. If that's no longer enough, invest on a good quality lens. Suffice to say, quality lenses can cost tens of thousands of pesos. Canon "L" lenses costs hundreds of thousands. To talk about lenses is like opening a can of worms. I think I'll let you and Google sort this out.

And much later, if you outgrow the body, you can probably look into upgrading to full-frame sensors, such as the 6D.

So, depending on your affinity towards photography, this can be a very expensive and viscous cycle.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    binili ko lang yung entry level ng nikon.. buti na lang at yun lang binili ko kasi hindi din naman daily used.. kung personal use lang ok na yung entry level...

nung masira yung point and shoot digicam ko, dslr na pinalit ko kasi almost same price lang din..

kung mahilig ka mamasyal, magpunta sa shows and the likes ok siguro yung medyo professional level, pero kung pang family use lang entry level na lang tapos bili ka ng prime lens, 18-200mm lens and flash

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Best value for money is Nikon D5000, Nikon D7000 fits your budget as well and it got a nice kit lens to bot.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Need to answer this questions first,

1. do you really need a DSLR? its quite hard to know for sure. most acquire one, then left it behind because it is just too bulky for comfort. in short, not everyone is an enthusiast.

2. granting you want one, choose one brand. do not cross brands as kits are quite expensive. the thing is camera bodies come and go. but buy the best lens your money can buy.

3. in photography, "talent" comes a long way. you may have the most expensive kits, updated wares, etc. but your composition "sucks" the photos you take may not make an impact.

4. that said, photography is quite an expensive hobby. it takes money to travel and shoot at places, people, and events.

----

As to your query a Nikon D500/D700 or a Canon 600D/650D is nice to have. 60D if you the moolah.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
DSLR camera recommendation