New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    asar. mas maarte pa pala sa video card yung colin mcrae 4. it's got a lot of video junk...samantalang quake 4 plays flawlessly. :lol:

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    kailangan ba talaga na drain ang power ng battery ng notebook
    before mo i charge uli ?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    before mo i charge uli ?
    Kung battery mo ay lithium ion and chances are it is - no need to drain before charging.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks bro UF,,

PS: pag bago naman po ang battery dapat naman ba 24 hours full charging?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks bro UF,,

PS: pag bago naman po ang battery dapat naman ba 24 hours full charging?
    Your welcome.

no need all lithium ion batteries will stop charging once it reaches 100% capacity. I sometimes leave my almost 1 year old battery pluged in for days at a time and no problems. 0% battery wear reported by mobilemeter.
    Some people recommend fully discharging the battery once in a while just to keep the windows battery meter accurate. Personally, I don't do it.
    For lithium ions, it is actually more harmfull to completly drain the battery before recharging. However, if you have ni-cad, it is better to drain it before charging.

For more info go to www.batteryuniversity.com

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    before mo i charge uli ?
    I don't know. If I open my notebook and the battery power is below 50%, I charge it. Pag 50% or more, I drain it then re-charge.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    TNX mga bros (j_avonni & userfriendly) again

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't know they offered Dells in a BX/PX/Navy Exchange/AAFES store....... Can you order Dells through the store?
    Actually, the store don't carry Dell or Dell product. They only carry HP/Compaq and Sony, But you have to go NEX/AAFES website and customize your order whatever you want and its assembled in Nevada. Its typically around $250 cheaper than electronic stores plus no tax (one of the perks and no shipping). I also ordered one for my brother in the philippines and he just got recieved it on Friday, but it was assembled in Malaysia. And yes, the shipping was free and so was the tax.
    Last edited by lakay; September 18th, 2006 at 01:35 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but when my brother drained his macbook's batt during his 1st week of ownership, it increased the battery life by an additional hour..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    but when my brother drained his macbook's batt during his 1st week of ownership, it increased the battery life by an additional hour..
    I suspect that his battery and OS were not calibrated. By draining the bat, it recalibrated it with the OS. He did not gain an additional hour. More like he recovered the hour.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
For the notebook lovers. :)