New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Upgraded the firmware of my WRT54G, so far, for the past 3 days stable naman yung internet connection ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    *ghost siguro one reason why hindi ako na-discon is bec. pati modem na bigay ng provider, ina-upgrade ko at pinalitan ko ng default username and password.
    I guess changing the name and password is already high tech for you. Have you also tried doing the WPA/WAP/etc along with setting the mach-number to define who can and cannot connect with your router as well?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    QUERY:

Last week, i bought an apple 802.11n router. it seems that the airport utility of my laptop, a macbook air, could not connect to a siemens modem provided by globe. what seems to be my problem?...i just need a connection.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    QUERY:

Last week, i bought an apple 802.11n router. it seems that the airport utility of my laptop, a macbook air, could not connect to a siemens modem provided by globe. what seems to be my problem?...i just need a connection.
    Did you mean you connected your new router to the modem and you can't get an internet connection?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    QUERY:

This might sound stupid but ... Did you configure the router for the type of connection (DHCP, PPOE, etc) your broadband provider is giving you?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This might sound stupid but ... Did you configure the router for the type of connection (DHCP, PPOE, etc) your broadband provider is giving you?
    i had my router configured at digital hub from where i bought it...

what else do i need to do before i go back to digital hub? i can't have a local technician visit my home for the configuration.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had my router configured at digital hub from where i bought it...

what else do i need to do before i go back to digital hub? i can't have a local technician visit my home for the configuration.
    You can try giving Globe a call regarding the configuration their system is using and try checking the router's config matches what the Globe helpline said.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Did you mean you connected your new router to the modem and you can't get an internet connection?
    yes, Sir...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can try giving Globe a call regarding the configuration their system is using and try checking the router's config matches what the Globe helpline said.
    i have called them already about my connection difficulties...but they referred me back to digital hub. is it ok if i just bring the siemens modem of globe and my router to digital hub? can they still do some trouble shooting even without attaching those to my telephone line so long as its globelines? the customer service representatives seemed not so competent to answer to all my queries...anyway, i still have one day more to return the router just in case i can't use it for the purpose i had in mind when i bought it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have called them already about my connection difficulties...but they referred me back to digital hub. is it ok if i just bring the siemens modem of globe and my router to digital hub? can they still do some trouble shooting even without attaching those to my telephone line so long as its globelines? the customer service representatives seemed not so competent to answer to all my queries...anyway, i still have one day more to return the router just in case i can't use it for the purpose i had in mind when i bought it.
    wait a minute (duh!) ... have you tested the modem by directly connecting it to your computer? If it's working, then assume the problem is the router, either the configuration is wrong or the router is defective. Either way, it's hard for someone (like me) to diagnose via forum discussion.

Are you nor familiar enough to fiddle around in the router's basic connection settings?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Linksys WRT54G problem [merged threads]