New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lately, I'm experiencing intermittent internet connection and I found out it was caused by this router. Whenever my browser returns a page cannot be displayed error or something similar, I'll have to turn OFF and ON the router and my internet connection will be back to normal. Can this be fixed?
    Last edited by boybi; February 16th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    We have the same problem, im also using a linksys wrtg54g, but di ko alam if its the router or the modem yung problem, kasi meron naman wifi connection but walang internet connection, ganun din ang ginagawa ko, i turn off the router and the internet connection.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I only turn OFF the router, not the modem.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am using the same router but its A-ok over here. Sometimes yeah I have to reset the router by plugging it out but after I plug it in its ok again. And it does not happen veryr often...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am not encountering any problem at all with my unit.....

7505:bravo:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Lately, I'm experiencing intermittent internet connection and I found out it was caused by this router. Whenever my browser returns a page cannot be displayed error or something similar, I'll have to turn OFF and ON the router and my internet connection will be back to normal. Can this be fixed?
    I have had this problem. I have tried reflashing the router with an update for it's software. Same results. Solution, replaced the router. It was the same story with FOUR Linksys wifi routers located either in my home, my parent's home and at my two PC rental shops. All routers have been replaced by their TP-Link equivalents.

I am currently using TP-Link brand routers and they have been dependable. Another plus is that TP-Link routers are very affordable. Downside, the configuration isn't as friendly to use but at least help/explanation for each setting is still available.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 16th, 2009 at 12:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So it seems it doesn't have a fix.

Too bad.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    TS, wala ako ma contribute ha?

dito na lang ako mag ask...

i am planning to buy a router for my new home. would any of you recommend a good yet reasonably priced router, please? i am planning to buy one today or tomorrow or as soon as globe would be able to install its line...

also, i need one that's easy to install...easy to troubleshoot.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    gaya nga ng sabi ni GH, try mo muna i flash yung router. if it does not work, then i think its a hardware problem na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    i am planning to buy a router for my new home. would any of you recommend a good yet reasonably priced router, please? i am planning to buy one today or tomorrow or as soon as globe would be able to install its line...

also, i need one that's easy to install...easy to troubleshoot.
    TP-Link. Choose the "N" band routers especially if you are planning to setup a whole new wifi-network. If you are familiar in configuring routers, you shouldn't have much trouble with it. There is also a quick setup option within the router so if you already have the usual information with you, it would guide you through the process.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Linksys WRT54G problem [merged threads]