New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    For me the savings will only be realized If you replaced all your existing bulbs to LED.. Pero naman you'll be spending a big sum of money still not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hindi naman kailangan all bulbs. important are the bulbs that operates at least 10 hours or more per day. yung mga nasa bedroom na ON lang 2-3 hours a day, hindi pa justifiable to replace to LED cause the ROI will take years. but if 24/7, 6 months max ROI ka na. meaning bababa na agad electricity bill mo on the first month.

savings may not be big, but you will still save. at the end of the day, savings din naman yung habol.

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    You are correct. That was my mistake. My roof was too low so heat transfer was awful.

Can you pls post the lumens of the LEDs. It will help us compare them to cfls. From my understanding. CFL is about 5X brighter than a incandscent bulb while LEDs are 10X brighter. Meaning a 20 watt CFL is roughly equivqlent to a 100 watt bulb while a 9 watt LED is about equal to a 90 watt bulb. I know there are a lot of other factors to consider such as reflector, color, temp etc... but as a ball park I think it will do.

If anyone knows a cheap source for LEDs to replace FL bulbs, I'm interested in buying. Need to save.
    meron sa 168 na mura na LED. may ganito din ako. after 1 year, ang dilim na sobra. ginawa ko nalang night light. mura lang. nasa 120 pesos lang each. ginawa kong pathway light dati. wala nga lang warranty. 1.5w ito. unknown lumens.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    diba meron lux meter to measure the intensity of light?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    diba meron lux meter to measure the intensity of light?
    yes, dami lux meter sa sulit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    The brand I used was GES 9w led light bulbs - GES 4th generation LED lights

I think they are not as bright as your 36watts flourescents but for the 20watts it should be near.

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Can you pls share where you bought the LEDs? Are these the replacement for 36 watts f or 20watts FL? I also want to change over to LEDs to save. Electicity prices are crazy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    .....Important thing sa LED is the bulb kung anong generation na and yung heat sink. Heat will shorten the life of he LED. Mas maganda yung fin type na aluminum yung heat sink. ...
    In my search, it seems that the 220v AC power is converted to the working voltage of the bulb by the use of a bridge rectifier diode, some capacitors, a resistor and probably a voltage regulator IC. The resistor will dispate power through heat (so theres the need for the heat sink) and sometimes even the voltage regulator IC will also need a heat sink to dispate the heat.

With this, I would say that the reason for early failure for LED light bulbs is most likely because of the failure nitong electronic components na eto before the failure of the LED per se.

LEDs generally work on 1.5v to 5v (higher voltage will require a resistor), hindi ako sure kung ganito lang din kababa ang voltage requirement ng fourth generations LEDs.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I was bored, so I did some informal bulb comparison tests. I compared four light bulbs (1x LED and 3x CFL) to see how they perform against each other.

Again, these results should not be taken as absolute. I did these experiments using parts I already have so your mileage may vary. For instance, a spiral CFL will almost certainly yield more light output, Watt for Watt, compared to the straight-tubular CFLs.

From left to right: 7W LED, 11W CFL, 20W CFL, and 23W CFL (all are designated as daylight)

The camera settings for the pictures below were set to full manual. The EXIF data are essentially identical, save for the time and date stamps. In all of the shots, the light sources were affixed to the ceiling and were about 2 meters away from the subject.

7W LED

11W CFL

20W CFL

23W CFL

The four pictures have identical EXIF data:
    Camera Make: Canon
    Camera Model: Canon EOS 650D
    Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Flash Used: No
    Focal Length: 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 29mm...
    CCD Width: 22.71mm
    Exposure Time: 0.400 s (1/3)
    Aperture: f/16.0
    ISO Equiv.: 1600
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: pattern
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual
    Here are my personal observations:
    1. First, the obvious. In my test, the 7W LED bulb is about as bright as the 20W CFL.
    2. The LED bulb has a slightly warmer color (ie. less washed-out) compared to the CFLs. But it's subtle enough to be perceptible only when the pictures are compared side-by-side
    3. If you decide to stick with CFLs, always get the spiral-type. They're more expensive but they are also more efficient compared to straight-tubular CFLs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

parang mas interesado ako doon sa london olympics bear mo brad.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    maganda lang to sa mga more than 8 hours of use other than that CFL na lang.... gumagamit din ako LED pero strip type, kaya lang for emergency purpose (brownout) pair with a spare car battery, LED strips located on specific spot indoor and outdoor....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Kahit hindi naman whole day na nakasindi ang lights, shifting from CFL to LEDs will drop the electricity usage ng lighting system by more than half (I estmate about 60%).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    I am maintaining a duplex for bodega.....

The following are my observations:

Flourescent bulbs:
    Jan 2012 - usage 71kwh, bill P668.36
    Feb 2012 - usage 52kwh, bill P408.83
    Mar 2012 - usage 40kwh, bill P284.87
    Apr 2012 - usage 77kwh, bill P776.10
    May 2012 - usage 56kwh, bill P496.37
    Jun 2012 - usage 42kwh, bill P296.14

LED bulbs:
    Jul 2012 - usage 22kwh, bill P113.82

We shifted the use of LED.....The cost of the bulbs was twice than the flourescent but if the rate of savings continue, it will pay-off in about 4-6 months.
    Update lang ng using LED
    Aug 2012 - usage 26kwh, bill P160.97
    Sep 2012 - usage 17kwh, bill P22.88 - maraming times na nai-turn-off ang apat na LED bulbs during the day

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Kahit hindi naman whole day na nakasindi ang lights, shifting from CFL to LEDs will drop the electricity usage ng lighting system by more than half (I estmate about 60%).

Update lang ng using LED
    Aug 2012 - usage 26kwh, bill P160.97
    Sep 2012 - usage 17kwh, bill P22.88 - maraming times na nai-turn-off ang apat na LED bulbs during the day
    ang laki talaga ng maititipid mo shifting to LED. kailangan matibay lang talaga yung LED.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
LED light bulbs vs flourescent light bulbs - electric consumption