New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ......I mainly use my laptop for browsing and I barely even use MS Office. Also, I carry my laptop around the house din lang . I wanted the backlit keyboard and aluminum body feature of the more expensive laptop. But it's not practical nga .....
    IPAD can do your need

MAC AIR or the retina display MACBOOK Pro would be very powerfull and very light weight for your need . Mahal pero it would really out-last your need.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    IPAD can do your need

MAC AIR or the retina display MACBOOK Pro would be very powerfull and very light weight for your need . Mahal pero it would really out-last your need.
    My friends are convincing me to get a tablet instead of a laptop too I'll probably get one next year. I still need my laptop as I like having my keyboard. I'm also not an Apple person so I'll probably get a Samsung Note. I'm deciding between a smartphone or a tablet, but that's another topic :P

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Merun keyboard for these tablets/notes/ipads.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friends are convincing me to get a tablet instead of a laptop too I'll probably get one next year. I still need my laptop as I like having my keyboard. I'm also not an Apple person so I'll probably get a Samsung Note. I'm deciding between a smartphone or a tablet, but that's another topic :P

If you want an ultrabook format laptop for a cheaper price, then it is already possible. ASUS have entry level laptops that have ultrabook looks for prices in the P20K++

EXAMPLE: intel i3 cpu with 11inch LCD touchscreen, Windows 8 - P27K
    LINK: Asus VivoBook X202e (Intel Core i3) 11.6-inch Multi-Touch Screen with Windows 8 | VillMan Computers

EXAMPLE: intel i5 cpu with 14inch LCD touchscreen, Windows 8 - P36K
    LINK: Asus Vivobook S400CA-CA006H, 14In. Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Core i5-3317u CPU & Windows 8 | VillMan Computers

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I bought a NEXUS 7 tablet. Price is affordable at under P14K for the wifi only version with 32gb memory. So far I am pretty happy about it. Only downside is the tablet cradle (charging, connectivity) is not yet locally available locally (but it should arrive in a month or so).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you want an ultrabook format laptop for a cheaper price, then it is already possible. ASUS have entry level laptops that have ultrabook looks for prices in the P20K++

EXAMPLE: intel i3 cpu with 11inch LCD touchscreen, Windows 8 - P27K
    LINK: Asus VivoBook X202e (Intel Core i3) 11.6-inch Multi-Touch Screen with Windows 8 | VillMan Computers

EXAMPLE: intel i5 cpu with 14inch LCD touchscreen, Windows 8 - P36K
    LINK: Asus Vivobook S400CA-CA006H, 14In. Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Core i5-3317u CPU & Windows 8 | VillMan Computers
    I only want Toshiba...

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I bought a NEXUS 7 tablet. Price is affordable at under P14K for the wifi only version with 32gb memory. So far I am pretty happy about it. Only downside is the tablet cradle (charging, connectivity) is not yet locally available locally (but it should arrive in a month or so).
    How is that different from the Galaxy Note 2, because that is what my friends want me to buy.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    if you have friends/relatives in the US.. don ka magpabili.. check mo prices sa bestbuy.. ang laki nang difference..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    How is that different from the Galaxy Note 2, because that is what my friends want me to buy.
    Note 2 is a PHABLET. Alanganing tablet kasi maliit, and too big to be a phone. Tsaka more expensive than an iPad ito.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    if you have friends/relatives in the US.. don ka magpabili.. check mo prices sa bestbuy.. ang laki nang difference..
    Thanks for the advise! I thought only apple products are cheaper in the US. So I can get a Note 2 cheaper in the US pala. Kaya lang pano warranty nun? Apple kasi international warranty diba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Note2 = phone with 5.8inch screen
    Nexus7 = tablet with 7inch screen

As always, if you are going to buy a touchscreen phone, you will have to make sure you can feel comfortable sending SMS messages via touchscreen. Note2 is a good choice for this. In fact, if I was going to go for a new smarthphone today, the Note2 would be high on my list for one reason, big screen means bigger virtual keyboard. I have sampled using the Note2 at the Samsung stores and found txting using the Note2 is a "passable' experience as compared to smaller phones like the iPhone5. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is also another one that I had similar "passable" experience txting with.

Another alternative is the more affordable Nexus4 smartphone. Smaller screen but quite fast.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast