New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    today, I just got delivery of two new office PCs. They're based around a mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Atom 1.6ghz 330 dual core CPUs. I have Windows XP running on them but it's said Vista would run just as good. 2gb of ram and 160gb SATA hdds complete the systems.

Dig this, based on what I dug up on the web, these babies consume less than 60watts of power at full CPU load. DVD quality video playback is smooth but trying to playback 720i MKV video, it was still laggy as my netbook. Not the CPU's fault though since the board still uses Intel 945 graphics chip set. Maybe if the board had a PCI-E slot for a better video card upgrade. :D

The CPU units costed P8,500 each including casing and PS.

Mini-itx boards alone:
    Intel Atom 1.6ghz 330 dual core = P4100
    Intel Atom 1.6ghz 270 single cote = P3100

If you want to read more:
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/ecs-at...945gc-review/1

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    8500php? not bad

add on the cheapest HDMI ready PCI-E card available, puede nang 24hr mini media center like the apple tv ($229)! .

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Not bad.. How does it perform with office applications like say Openoffice or MS Office 2k7?

What casing did you get; one of those mini ones?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipchip View Post
    Not bad.. How does it perform with office applications like say Openoffice or MS Office 2k7?
    With WinXP and OpenOffice, it's pretty quick.

What casing did you get; one of those mini ones?
    Not really "mini" but smaller than the typical ATX casing but still using the standard ATX power supply. Roughly 1/4 smaller.

We have another one that was designed to use the Atom motherboard and it looks like a home theater DVD player. Downside it uses a case specific power supply so if fails, it might be difficult to find a replacement. (But this PC was specifically setup for an exhibit where space was limited and was later re-used for office.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Dito sa US if you buy PC/laptop/netbook now you get free upgrade to Windows 7 when it goes out on sale. I hope same rules apply diyan. Just FYI.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    with a good video card, can it play well...Call of Duty 5?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    with a good video card, can it play well...Call of Duty 5?
    Video card?... 1 PCI slot for expansion (not PCI-E). So you have old PCI video cards laying around that will do DirectX9 or DirectX10?

Top down view of the motherboard:
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 8th, 2009 at 10:01 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Dito sa US if you buy PC/laptop/netbook now you get free upgrade to Windows 7 when it goes out on sale. I hope same rules apply diyan. Just FYI.
    I doubt it if that would happen in the Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What does the case looks like? I'd like to make a tiny internet pc.

Many hotels nowadays have lcd tv's with pc ports. Depending on the situation, I can simply pack one uber-tiny pc into my check-in instead of lugging around a laptop. Of course, I could also buy a netbook instead. But, I'm intrigued by such tiny desktop computers which explains why I love the Mac Mini.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    astig mura kaso hindi expandable video

parang nakalaptop haha sana kahit onboard na ati radeon HD okei na yan haha

yun lang nga sa mga gamer hindi papatusin to hehe pang office talaga at masasabi kong napakagandang pang office hehe

ot: makakadevelop kaya ang AMD ng ganyan tapos quad core na haha tapos ang onboard na videocard eh ATI RADEON HD4850 O Kaya GeForce 9800GT mmm hehe tapos mura rin presyo haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New office PCs: Intel Atom 1.6ghz 330 (dual core)