New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tsikoters Pls help. Why is it that I cannot access today's post? This is the message:

XUV-AT2002, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

i have to go to my profile just to view this thread. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    buhayin ko lang ulit thread, wala kasi ako makitang battery pack para sa HP520. kahit hp dealers wala daw. hay so repack na lang kalalabasan nito.

anyone tried the services of the one in v-mall? ok ba batteries nila?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    buhayin ko lang ulit thread, wala kasi ako makitang battery pack para sa HP520. kahit hp dealers wala daw. hay so repack na lang kalalabasan nito.
    have you tried online shops? like:
    http://www.global-laptop-batteries.c...batteries.html

anyone tried the services of the one in v-mall? ok ba batteries nila?
    So far the one I tried was at Gilmore... and it was pretty much okay except they were a day late from their original estimated delivery date (1 week).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on repacking - safety of lithium ion/polymer (lipo) batteries:

base on my experience with lipo batteries sa R/C and readings on rechargeable lithium based batteries:

1) dapat binabalance ang charge ng bawat cells - usually done internally by the laptop charger na yun.
    2) overcharging one cell will lead to weak batteries and will eventually have problems in charging (thereby causing explossion). kung may problem ang laptop charging system lang nangyayari eto.
    3) too much power in charging of lithium batteries will cause heat build-up (thereby can also cause explossion). same din, may factor ang charging system ng laptop.
    4) battery explossion (in reality) is really an extreme case scenario - masyado ng kapabayaan yun (like alam ng sobrang init e hindi pa rin ini-unplugged, faulty na ang power management/charging system ng laptop, overworked batteries).
    5) NEVER drain your lipo batteries. They will die fast. Unlike NiCd and NiMH, Lipo doesn't have the "memory effect" ng charging. So limit the times that you over drain the charge. Most laptop have a power management system which halts the computer (hybernate) pag-mababa na ang charge.... similarly do not abuse that, kasi kahit naka hybernate it is still draining the battery. So charge it asap.

A 2 year life on the laptop battery na frequently used is already an excellent lifetime. Expect to replace them in 2 or 3 years. Kung hindi umabot ng ganun katagal yun, likely you always drain it or may problem ang charging system (hindi na babalance charge ang lipo cells).

Sa re-packing make sure that the battery is initially charged and "balance-charge"... kung hindi balanse yun, malamang hindi tatagal yun.

How to check the charge... you will need a digital volt meter... yung "poles" ng lipo battery ay usually more than two kasi bawat ends nito ay connected... so if you just try to poke one pole and match it with the other poles (one at a time) you will like get a voltage reading. A typical lipo cell will give at least anywhere around 3 to 3.7 volts (depending on the lipo).

Cells below 3v is indicative to a failing battery cell. Minsan kaya mahina na ang battery kasi one of the several battery cells are near dying na.

One recommended solution (which I have yet to try) is to charge that cell back to the right voltage. Then balance charge it with the rest of the batteries. Kung walang sira ang charging system ng laptop this should not be a problem.

hth

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just reviving the thread

can anybody suggest where i can buy replacement battery for asus laptop? tia

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    just reviving the thread

can anybody suggest where i can buy replacement battery for asus laptop? tia

Have you tried checking tipidpc.com?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Original is best. The few thousands "saved" with replacements is not worth it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Actually this is also my problem, my NEO laptop is 7 months without the battery, I asked the NEO service center along Shaw Blvd. to source last January, upto now no answer, still sourcing. I'm now looking for a replacement but to no avail.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you tried checking tipidpc.com?
    hm i did but the post was not up to date, will refine my search there thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i recently inquired about a replacement battery for an asus eeepc 1000 at ActionLabs: Php3,800. Is this more or less the going rate these days?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Laptop battery repacking or replacement