New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My laptop battery is a 6 cell lithium-ion 4.0Ah, 43Wh. Tried to look at cyberzone in SM wala available by order basis 2 weeks leadtime mabilis na daw yun. Do you know of shop where laptop batteries is available or who are good in repacking? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    My laptop battery is a 6 cell lithium-ion 4.0Ah, 43Wh. Tried to look at cyberzone in SM wala available by order basis 2 weeks leadtime mabilis na daw yun. Do you know of shop where laptop batteries is available or who are good in repacking? Thanks in advance.
    Try SST Laptop & PC Shop
    Tel: (02)842-6729

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    There is a store that does reputable laptop battery repacking but they take a week or so to do a job.

The shop is located at the ground floor (straight to the back then the store on your right which sells some surplus stuff) of Gilmore Comm. Plaza located near the corner of Gilmore and Aurora Ave, New Manila, QC. Sorry I didn't remember the store's name nor phone number.

Another store is the battery shop (you'll know it when you see it) at the 4th floor of V-Mall, Greenhills. Also in V-Mall is the gadget "booth" selling MP3 players, cameras, etc near the elevator. They charge P450/cell. No idea on the quality of work though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung pareho ang lead time and almost pareho lang ang cost (i know that the brand new one is a little bit more expensive), then kuha ka na lang ng brand new.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    kung pareho ang lead time and almost pareho lang ang cost (i know that the brand new one is a little bit more expensive), then kuha ka na lang ng brand new.
    I agree... Consider the small price diff as the price of PEACE OF MIND.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think Ink Plaza also offers battery repacking. Galing Korea ata ung gamit nila.

As sir GH mentioned, there's also the battery shop sa 4/F; i recently went hunting for replacement battery for an IBM T-series laptop. mga 4.5k ung bigay sa akin(japan made kuno), coz the cheaper model is out of stock

tingin ko i'd opt for the replacement na lang. repacking would entail opening up the original plastic casing(which i doubt it designed to be opened), and i'm a bit paranoid in the midst of exploding cellphone/laptop battery reports on the net.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i think Ink Plaza also offers battery repacking. Galing Korea ata ung gamit nila.

As sir GH mentioned, there's also the battery shop sa 4/F; i recently went hunting for replacement battery for an IBM T-series laptop. mga 4.5k ung bigay sa akin(japan made kuno), coz the cheaper model is out of stock

tingin ko i'd opt for the replacement na lang. repacking would entail opening up the original plastic casing(which i doubt it designed to be opened), and i'm a bit paranoid in the midst of exploding cellphone/laptop battery reports on the net.

korek, a better option will be replacements than repacking because of the reason that you have stated. imagine putting your laptop on your lap, tapos biglang sumabog...sunog ang itlog....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    repacking would entail opening up the original plastic casing(which i doubt it designed to be opened),
    Actually some laptop battery packs can be opened by loosening the clip tabs found on the sides of the pack.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    To All Tsikoters,

Sorry for late reply due to temporary suspension of our dsl line. Thank you very much for the information and advice. By chance due to full parking at mega mall last sunday i parked my car at podium and walk to mega mall passing st. francis square. Marami stalls selling mobile phones and there is a laptap repair shop hottoys ata. The guy there said better to buy replacement battery than repacking. Meron available for P3.5K kaya lang wala ako cash at di ko dala yun laptap at that timeat hindi ko pa na balikan up to now. I will check also prices sa mga suggested store you mentioned. Regards and God bless to all

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, kanina lang just replaced my battery by CAMWORKX , area is the bldg (MN Bldg ??? 2nd floor) beside shakeys at pasig kapitolyo shaw blvd. Laptop was dell vostro 1400 - battery price 3,800. hope this helps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Laptop battery repacking or replacement