New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have this aluminum laptop case because I felt I needed a tough outside shell to protect the laptop lcd cover from being warped (or to simply avoid putting any pressure on the laptop). It's just big enough to hold a 15.4" laptop minus power cord and brick. But, it's thin and light enough to go inside my backpack if I so choose.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I learned a lesson today..... never check in a backback. A strap hardpoint was damaged somehow. So now, I had to buy a new backpack during mid-trip. I decided to buy a Targus TXL617. It's a 17" laptop backpack and since my laptop is only 15.4", there's ample room. I'll just keep my laptop in there while my aluminum laptop "briefcase" can hold my few clothes/toiletries.

Compare sizes with my old backpack and briefcase to the Targus:

Targus TXL617:

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 27th, 2007 at 04:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I have this aluminum laptop case because I felt I needed a tough outside shell to protect the laptop lcd cover from being warped (or to simply avoid putting any pressure on the laptop). It's just big enough to hold a 15.4" laptop minus power cord and brick. But, it's thin and light enough to go inside my backpack if I so choose.

bro... pang abugado ang dating ah....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    bro... pang abugado ang dating ah....
    Metallic brief/laptop cases do tend to look "professional". Of course to me, it's merely a laptop case. Mine is the size of a thick 17" laptop. So, it actually fits inside the Targus backpack with plenty of room:

But...... The Targus backpack has excellent padding for the laptop. I can use the aluminum briefcase as a tiny "maleta" instead.

He He
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 27th, 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
laptop bags