New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1094
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I want to replace the basic active subwoofer that came with my home theatre. It's fine for the most part but I simply want something that can go louder.

I watched Oppenheimer last weekend and the sub occasionally bottoms out. Any tried and tested suggestions that won't cost an arm and a leg?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I want to replace the basic active subwoofer that came with my home theatre. It's fine for the most part but I simply want something that can go louder.

I watched Oppenheimer last weekend and the sub occasionally bottoms out. Any tried and tested suggestions that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Depends on your budget... The more expensive the louder it gets. Mid-tier audio brands Polk Audio. Klipsch and SVS subwoofers are locally available.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    SVS subwoofers ... if on budget ... move to a smaller room ...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    REL subwoofers

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Appreciate the suggestions. I can't change the room dimensions nor do I want to spend more than 10k for it. This is a spur-of-the-moment kind of gig and I just want more BOOM for my money.

Spending several hours looking into this, I'm leaning towards either a custom 500Wrms kit or the Crown BW-12. I only have a basic 5.1 system so I don't think that the sonic quality is going to suffer much either way. I also considered adding a 2nd Onkyo SKW-538, if it will allow me to lower the volume (to a point just before bottoming out) but still get twice the effect.

Yes, yes... addressing the elephant in the room. The Crown BW-12 is probably more of a videoke bar material than anything. But is it though?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Appreciate the suggestions. I can't change the room dimensions nor do I want to spend more than 10k for it. This is a spur-of-the-moment kind of gig and I just want more BOOM for my money.

Spending several hours looking into this, I'm leaning towards either a custom 500Wrms kit or the Crown BW-12. I only have a basic 5.1 system so I don't think that the sonic quality is going to suffer much either way. I also considered adding a 2nd Onkyo SKW-538, if it will allow me to lower the volume (to a point just before bottoming out) but still get twice the effect.

Yes, yes... addressing the elephant in the room. The Crown BW-12 is probably more of a videoke bar material than anything. But is it though?
    Have you checked out PinoyDVD? I got my pre-loved US Audio sub there years ago from HT addicts and audiophiles who frequently upgrade. I think your sub is enough, perhaps its your fronts that need upgrading. You have to be careful though, HT and audio is a rabbit hole.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Have you checked out PinoyDVD? I got my pre-loved US Audio sub there years ago from HT addicts and audiophiles who frequently upgrade. I think your sub is enough, perhaps its your fronts that need upgrading. You have to be careful though, HT and audio is a rabbit hole.
    I know too well about said rabbit hole... I once spent 90k on a car setup with a top-tier Kenwood 2DIN and DLS Reference splits. Enjoyed them so much that I still use them to this day after transplanting them to my 2nd car after I sold the first one. It's probably 13 or 14 years old.

But I'm over that.

I just need a louder bang-for-buck sub for my HT without breaking the bank. I intend to keep the surround speakers indefinitely. I just want those low rumbles to come out without the driver bottoming out.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Build your own ... there are instructions online from enthusiasts ... but 10T is rather low ... you'd need more ... hire a carpenter to build the box ...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    meron mga affordable active subwoofer sa lazada like konzert, crown

Home Theater Thread